Seattle Cascades

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Seattle Cascades web page says they will not be touring in 2002. 

Does this mean they have to give up their only appearance on finals night? 

• Haha 1

Though I rarely had a chance to see them , except for finals week, they were one of the more entertaining corps that I thoight might crack the top twelve one day..Sad that they won't be available this year..And yes, it feels like dci is paying for it's sins of omission.peace

• Like 1

This is too bad, especially where Cascades has something unique to offer. I can recall a few years where membership was lacking but they still managed to field a corps with marching members who had heart. I do think it is a reminder that fielding a corps this year is going to be challenging for a number of reasons and corps that have had a two year hiatus may find it more difficult.

Really disappointed to hear this. I can’t imagine how expensive it must be for those west coast corps to come all the way to the east coast every single year. And now that the big corps can field more kids, interest in the smaller corps is undoubtedly down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

This is too bad, especially where Cascades has something unique to offer. I can recall a few years where membership was lacking but they still managed to field a corps with marching members who had heart. I do think it is a reminder that fielding a corps this year is going to be challenging for a number of reasons and corps that have had a two year hiatus may find it more difficult.

Having competed in a circuit where there were smaller corps who could still be entertaining….. Whole idea of DCI corps need to be full (and now even bigger) size to be “worthy” is killing the activity as much as anything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Having competed in a circuit where there were smaller corps who could still be entertaining….. Whole idea of DCI corps need to be full (and now even bigger) size to be “worthy” is killing the activity as much as anything else.

Maybe it is time to bring back the modern equivalent of 'Class A-60'.

I marched in such a Corps - we used to say that we didn't need 90 additional players to back us up. 

• Like 2

Sad. But I’m surprised there hasn’t been more

• Like 2