Seattle Cascades

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They should acknowledge all of the finalist corps of the last fifty years at the very least with video presentations.  They’ve had plenty of time to assemble video from their library as last year was a shortened non-competitive season. 

I thought they had 'some' great historical video mingled in last year over the 3-night celebration.  I'm sure they'll have a historical perspective over the past 50 years in their video presentations this year.  Or at least they should...  I saw where Bluecoats posted their drill set of their 400+ member Alumni Corps who will perform semi-finals night.  Think it's going to be a great week!   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I thought they had 'some' great historical video mingled in last year over the 3 night celebration.  I'm sure they'll have a historical perspective over the past 50 years in their video presentations this year.  Or at least they should...  I saw where Bluecoats posted their drill set of some 400+ member Alumni Corps who will perform semi-finals night.  Think it's going to be a great week!   

Isn’t it Bluecoats fiftieth anniversary, too?  I don’t think I saw them until ‘78.  We were in a show with them.  I remember a staff member of ours saying that they’re going to be a really good corps one of these days.  I wonder how that guy knew?  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Isn’t it Bluecoats fiftieth anniversary, too?  I don’t think I saw them until ‘78.  We were in a show with them.  I remember a staff member of ours saying that they’re going to be a really good corps one of these days.  I wonder how that guy knew?  

Now I’ll have to go back and reread the History of DC Vol II write up. Know our business manager got involved early 80s and worked on goal of being a top corps and plans on how to do it (did same thing with us in the 1970s). 
Saw them at the annual concert show in Harrisburg and could tell they had something. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, Phantom56 said:

What pessimism and negativity! I hope none of you predicting the demise of DCI, will show up at the fabulous 50th celebration, that 18,000 of us will be cheering on. 

actually we want it to thrive. but you obviously haven't read enough to know this.

i fear that open class is hurting too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

it is and they have 400+ alumni members preparing to blow the roof off Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, Phantom56 said:

What pessimism and negativity! I hope none of you predicting the demise of DCI, will show up at the fabulous 50th celebration, that 18,000 of us will be cheering on. 

The first step toward recovery is admitting there is a problem.  Is that "negativity", or just "realism"?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually we want it to thrive. but you obviously haven't read enough to know this.

i fear that open class is hurting too

I remember hearing a long time ago, either the late 80’s or ‘90’s, that the goal was to have six supercorps that would tour the country. Long before G7. Of course, that idea could have changed but if they keep increasing the membership size, they’re going to get their wish.  Intentionally or not.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

The first step toward recovery is admitting there is a problem.  Is that "negativity", or just "realism"?

Having known a bunch of enablers the words you don’t want to hear are “everything’s ok” or “it’s not that bad”. If you really care you end up fighting both the enablers and the problem itself. And lot of times dealing with the enablers distracts you from the problem with the end result being the last thing anyone wants.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Having known a bunch of enablers the words you don’t want to hear are “everything’s ok” or “it’s not that bad”. If you really care you end up fighting both the enablers and the problem itself. And lot of times dealing with the enablers distracts you from the problem that the end result is tragic.

“The family has a lot of buffahs”

14 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

“The family has a lot of buffahs”

thanks Cheech

• Haha 1