Crossmen 2022

3 hours ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I've wanted to do a concept like this with indoor drum line forEVER, super excited to see it.

Some really cool insight into the show here https://generaleffectmedia.substack.com/p/the-beginning-is-the-end-is-the-beginning?utm_source=twitter&sd=pf&s=w

Interesting to hear it laid out that way. A member of the battery is on my staff and he told me before he left for move ins they were learning the drill to the "closer" first but that it was being designed that it could start and end in any movement. But in the vein of a Mobius Strip, the order of movements would essentially be 1,2,3,4 or 2,3,4,1 or 3,4,1,2 or 4,1,2,3

8 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Interesting to hear it laid out that way. A member of the battery is on my staff and he told me before he left for move ins they were learning the drill to the "closer" first but that it was being designed that it could start and end in any movement. But in the vein of a Mobius Strip, the order of movements would essentially be 1,2,3,4 or 2,3,4,1 or 3,4,1,2 or 4,1,2,3

Forgive me.

I didn't march.

What exactly is a "movement" in drill ?

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Forgive me.

I didn't march.

It would be a segment of a show or a piece of music. Like how many symphonies have different movements within the encompassing piece of music.

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Forgive me.

I didn't march.

Generally, if there's a break in the action for audience applause or what have you, that can signify the end of one movement and beginning of the next.

17 hours ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I've wanted to do a concept like this with indoor drum line forEVER, super excited to see it.

Some really cool insight into the show here https://generaleffectmedia.substack.com/p/the-beginning-is-the-end-is-the-beginning?utm_source=twitter&sd=pf&s=w

A thing I didn't mention in this is that it's really interesting to see what they do with this considering that they won't be able to utilize transitions in a way that we're accustomed to seeing. So many corps use that as a way to get from one movement to the next, and Crossmen straight up won't be able to do that, considering they need to be ready to start or end the show where those would usually take place.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:07 AM, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Alright I am not sure about the rest of the rep but I have really been wanting a corps to put equus to the field. One of my favorite pieces that I've had the pleasure to play.

Check out 2006 capital regiment they played it… Fairly well to

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Ok this is interesting but... it seems like a lot of design work, and most importantly: how are you going to get any points / credit for this? The judges judge the show that you perform that night. You don't get any credit during the show for saying "hey, also we could've done the show in these 5 different ways too!" because... you didn't perform those shows.

I think the "concept" of having a show like this is cool but I'm not sure how it is supposed to be "rewarded"...