Crossmen 2022

19 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Checking out the livestream from their premiere thing on YouTube. Loving the uniforms for the musicians!

Is it just me or do shakos look really weird on Crossmen? 

• Like 3

Just now, FaustianMachine said:

They remind me of what Claudia Taylor Johnson High did a couple years ago with their lion king show. The plumes are certainly… a choice in this one.

• Like 1

Was that Crossmen I just saw?  WOW!!!  Full show marched with what looked like most guard work in place and handled well. Show is an interesting mix of styles with parts feeling like BK, parts like BD, parts like Bluecoats, but always still Crossmen.  Seemed a very substantial framework to give them lots of time to add even more emotion and layering. Good luck Bones!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, fifer said:

Was that Crossmen I just saw?  WOW!!!  Full show marched with what looked like most guard work in place and handled well. Show is an interesting mix of styles with parts feeling like BK, parts like BD, parts like Bluecoats, but always still Crossmen.  Seemed a very substantial framework to give them lots of time to add even more emotion and layering. Good luck Bones!!

Agree.  I was pleasantly surprised all around, especially visually and overall musicality.  Enjoyable and plenty of time to make it more powerful.  Solos and ensembles were the weakest part to me and that should improve with time.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, SaturdayNightLights said:

A thing I didn't mention in this is that it's really interesting to see what they do with this considering that they won't be able to utilize transitions in a way that we're accustomed to seeing. So many corps use that as a way to get from one movement to the next, and Crossmen straight up won't be able to do that, considering they need to be ready to start or end the show where those would usually take place.

I probably missed something... I get that the show is designed such that it could be performed in any performance order, but will they ACTUALLY be performing it in a random performance order on any given night? 

31 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I probably missed something... I get that the show is designed such that it could be performed in any performance order, but will they ACTUALLY be performing it in a random performance order on any given night? 

That's what i gathered to my understanding. If so, then it's going to be really challenging. Unless they've preplanned the orders to make it easier for the performers to handle. Very Interesting approach.

10 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Yeah, they don't look like Crossmen at all to me. They look more like a really good BOA band. They show is ok. Looks like the Crossmen brand is gone as well.  Going to shows in my younger years I'd get excited when pointing out certain corps in the lot, now you have to ask who they are. Who is that???

• Like 2

All corps have lost their identity from Blue Devels, Santa Clara, Bluecoats, Crown, Boston, and so on.  I would suggest you get over it.  The hole activity has changed!!!!   I thought the performance was great given it was their first show and what I saw was a finalist level corps.