Crossmen 2022

57 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I probably missed something... I get that the show is designed such that it could be performed in any performance order, but will they ACTUALLY be performing it in a random performance order on any given night? 

The idea as of a few weeks back was potentially getting social media to vote on where it starts and ends. Who knows if that changes after they see the reaction from last night, or just face logistical issues in making it happen (wanting to make sure the pre show run matches the show of the night).

27 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

That's what i gathered to my understanding. If so, then it's going to be really challenging. Unless they've preplanned the orders to make it easier for the performers to handle. Very Interesting approach.

I mean, if they don't ever change up the order, I don't really get the point of designing it this way (other than just preseason chatter). It's intriguing nevertheless.

• Like 3

I watched it last night and am watching it again before the SCOTUS decisions this morning and I really love the entire production. The wont be hanging on to 11th or 12th, I see them fighting for the 7-9 positions come August.

22 minutes ago, DCFAN said:

All corps have lost their identity from Blue Devels, Santa Clara, Bluecoats, Crown, Boston, and so on.  I would suggest you get over it.  The hole activity has changed!!!!   I thought the performance was great given it was their first show and what I saw was a finalist level corps. 

Not at all. I can still identify alot of other corps mentioned.  I understand the activity has changed but I could listen to audio and could tell who the corps was bc each corps had their own sound as well.  Boston for a second sounded like the Cadets after some brass staff changed but now they are sounding more like themselves, jmo.  Anyway I hope Crossmen have a great 2022 Season!!!

It was... ok.  Feels like it's just the framework of a show at the moment - there's a lot of vanilla look and sound.  The closer really felt like it pulled it all together well.  

I'll have to watch this one again later down the line - it definitely has potential, but it doesn't really have oomph yet.

Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Not at all. I can still identify alot of other corps mentioned.  I understand the activity has changed but I could listen to audio and could tell who the corps was bc each corps had their own sound as well.  Boston for a second sounded like the Cadets after some brass staff changed but now they are sounding more like themselves, jmo.  Anyway I hope Crossmen have a great 2022 Season!!!

You can usually tell with audio more often than not😂 I think Boston still has that Cadets sound in them even this year but they’re definitely going a different route with a more toned down musical approach

• Like 1

Since the show starts and ends in the same form, if my logic checks out, you can start the show anywhere, with the bottom-top transition taking place in the middle of the show

Example: Start at Letter F of the opener, reach the X set, then March from the top til Letter F of the opener

Another Example: Start at Letter C of the Closer, reach the X set, then march from the Top to letter C of the Closer

Last night’s performance was likely a top-bottom run, basically meaning that as long as the members have the exact same dots for both X forms, they can start and end anywhere

Of course I have no involvement with the corps this season so this is just my best guess!