THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

Is it the Theme from To Kill a Mockingbird? One of THE BEST pieces of Music ever to be scored for a film. This is very exciting to hear Cadets are using it. Without jumping on CorpsReps or the current day variant of, Which other corps have performed it before? And is Jay Bocook back with them this year?

Edited by Zeke
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Is it the Thene from To Kill a Mockingbird? One of THE BEST pieces of Music ever to be scored for a film. This is very exciting to hear Cadets are using it. Without jumping on CorpsReps or the current day variant of, Which other corps have performed it before? And is Jay Bocook back with them this year?

Bocook is Brass Arranger 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Tempted, but I gotta wait until everyone gets to Texas. 

No worries.  It was a jazzy tune...

13 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

No worries.  It was a jazzy tune...

Yeah, I was hoping it was Adrenaline City. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The theme from To kill a mockingbird is indeed beautiful and with Bocook arranging ...done deal..I just wonder how many have heard Andre Previn's arrangement of the Theme from the movie "Bad day at Black rock"  starring a one armed Spencer Tracy...I would love to see this haunting melody done by the Cadets.It's one of my favorites..peace

• Like 1

I am a bit skeptical of this show concept due to the mention of syncopated narration included in the production to represent beat poetry.  In the past, the Cadets' shows that included narration tended to take me out of the flow of the shows which was a shame because each show that contained what I considered excessive narration was also filled with excellent Cadets' staples like terrific drill, wonderful brass and percussion lines, and of course their always expected wonderful, innovative guards.  I honestly believe that the refusal to remove, or at least reduce or rework the narration in 2007 cost them the Gold Medal to the Blue Devils.  I did enjoy BD's "Bat Wing" show that year, but I thought the Cadets had the more talented corps and might have had the superior Finals show and score if their former director would have just made some of the changes suggested regarding the narration.  I realize these are just my opinions, and many other people feel differently. Still, the 2007 Cadets were overall a superb drum corp.  I still go back and watch their performances with awe considering the demands of that show they were able to master, as well as the class and dignity the members who marched displayed in the face of some less than respectful crowds they were subjected to their final week or so in California, including some very vocal disrespectful individuals at the Rose Bowl Stadium Finals night.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

I am a bit skeptical of this show concept due to the mention of syncopated narration included in the production to represent beat poetry.  In the past, the Cadets' shows that included narration tended to take me out of the flow of the shows which was a shame because each show that contained what I considered excessive narration was also filled with excellent Cadets' staples like terrific drill, wonderful brass and percussion lines, and of course their always expected wonderful, innovative guards.  I honestly believe that the refusal to remove, or at least reduce or rework the narration in 2007 cost them the Gold Medal to the Blue Devils.  I did enjoy BD's "Bat Wing" show that year, but I thought the Cadets had the more talented corps and might have had the superior Finals show and score if their former director would have just made some of the changes suggested regarding the narration.  I realize these are just my opinions, and many other people feel differently. Still, the 2007 Cadets were overall a superb drum corp.  I still go back and watch their performances with awe considering the demands of that show they were able to master, as well as the class and dignity the members who marched displayed in the face of some less than respectful crowds they were subjected to their final week or so in California, including some very vocal disrespectful individuals at the Rose Bowl Stadium Finals night.

I swear I only see people complaining about narration when The Cadets do it. (yes this is a hasty generalization) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I swear I only see people complaining about narration when The Cadets do it. (yes this is a hasty generalization) 

They’re still smarting from 2008 and the Sally Jesse Raphael show. 

• Like 2