THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

53 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Well if you compare that to the cadets of old that is very early! Back in the day cadets were known for starting very slow and then creeping up on the competition as the season progressed

Yeah we actually finished our show before we left spring training in 2000. Obviously, the ending was changed, but it was unheard of for Cadets to be finished that early. 

I grew up with the Cadets.

My wife and I have been Maroon and Gold Club Members for more years then we can remember.

That being said.

It does seem that the corps is abandoning any ties to its North Jersey roots.

The corps will be Ma. over the July Fourth weekend.

Then doing a show on July 6 in Delaware.

Yet, no show in North Jersey.

Seems like they could have found the time to do a show in Clifton.

21 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

My wife and I have been Maroon and Gold Club Members for more years then we can remember.

That being said.

I certainly don't pretend to speak for the Cadets, but in their defense,  there are DCI shows in Quincy and Lynn during that weekend, and in Massachusetts,  the big July 4th parades pay serious dough to DCI corps, sometimes upwards of $6- $9000 per parade.  And, corps can actually split themselves in two and end up doing 4 or more parades on the 4th.  If a corps is financially not as secure as they would like to be, July 4th parades around Boston are  great one day cash cow.

41 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

That being said.

My understanding is that shows in the Northeast do not bring in numbers so they have been reduced. DCI wants fewer shows with more in attendance. In the not too distant past there was a show in Bristol, RI, a BAC hosted show In Connecticut, two BAC shows in MA, and the Beanpot. There was also an Open Class show in New Hampshire. this year there are only two Massachusetts shows, both early season, and one on NH. 

There are no shows in NY, two in NJ, and one in Delaware and MD. I know in the past there were at least two shows in NJ in the early season and one later. I seem to recall the early season shows in NJ has similar attendance to the shows in the Boston area, so with fewer shows to go around, attendance  could be why.

15 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My understanding is that shows in the Northeast do not bring in numbers so they have been reduced. DCI wants fewer shows with more in attendance. In the not too distant past there was a show in Bristol, RI, a BAC hosted show In Connecticut, two BAC shows in MA, and the Beanpot. There was also an Open Class show in New Hampshire. this year there are only two Massachusetts shows, both early season, and one on NH. 

There are no shows in NY, two in NJ, and one in Delaware and MD. I know in the past there were at least two shows in NJ in the early season and one later. I seem to recall the early season shows in NJ has similar attendance to the shows in the Boston area, so with fewer shows to go around, attendance  could be why.

I'd also wondered why there are no shows in Jersey. But I live in DC so I'll just catch the Annapolis and Allentown shows. 

46 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'd also wondered why there are no shows in Jersey. But I live in DC so I'll just catch the Annapolis and Allentown shows. 

I presume, by Allentown, you mean the Easts.

Cadets used to do an early season show in Allentown, but that seems to have gone away also.

Their Clifton show was always packed.

If they needed a bigger place, Montclair State has a very nice Stadium.

Still remember the Junior/Senior Shows at Giants Stadium.

What's a bit annoying  is how, when The Cadets moved to Pa., they were always saying how they still considered themselves a NJ corps.

Especially when they were looking for money.

Given the number of Garfield Cadets in this area, its a bit of an insult, not to have anything in North Jersey.

26 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I presume, by Allentown, you mean the Easts.

Cadets used to do an early season show in Allentown, but that seems to have gone away also.

Their Clifton show was always packed.

If they needed a bigger place, Montclair State has a very nice Stadium.

Still remember the Junior/Senior Shows at Giants Stadium.

What's a bit annoying  is how, when The Cadets moved to Pa., they were always saying how they still considered themselves a NJ corps.

Especially when they were looking for money.

Given the number of Garfield Cadets in this area, its a bit of an insult, not to have anything in North Jersey.

I only said Allentown because I'm taking the train to Philly for the weekend and driving to the Allentown shows from there. 

In addition, I believe DCI elimated a number of shows to insure more rest time between performances for corps on tour. This happened right before Covid, so many might have forgotten the impact on those changes to the health guidelines on mumber of shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1