THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

24 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It'd have been better had we not had two tenor injuries which left us with three. 

Agreed. I was a tick bomb in '99 lol...

24 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It'd have been better had we not had two tenor injuries which left us with three. 

Agreed. I was a tick bomb in '99 lol...

those 3 were still incredible. so much so that even being there live, and considering that one of my favorite finals nights of all time, thats only 1 of 2 things i remember about that show. the other was standing on tarps to keep them from blowing around

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

those 3 were still incredible. so much so that even being there live, and considering that one of my favorite finals nights of all time, thats only 1 of 2 things i remember about that show. the other was standing on tarps to keep them from blowing around

Gosh don't remind me of those stupid tarps. But you're right. They were incredible. I still remember watching them practice that solo. 

Can't tell you all how much I've enjoyed coming back to DCP, and this thread in particular, after years of neglect.  Missed you all.  🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Power of 10 was a great show until the uniform switch. the show was all about velocity, which white pants magnified. the switch to all black killed that effect. so much monkeying around with the visual, especially with the guard issues..it never grew like it could have after San Antonio

I remember the palpable hype around them at Subaru Park in Chester, PA, the night they debuted those black uniforms. Unfortunately my read of the show that night was similar to yours, and it definitely felt like a letdown after they were done. That night was supposed to cement their contention for the 2015 title and it just became clear this wasn’t doing it. 

5 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

Can't tell you all how much I've enjoyed coming back to DCP, and this thread in particular, after years of neglect.  Missed you all.  🙂

...especially after all the crap we've all dealt with throughout the years. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'd rather they get good staff and admin and the kids travel safe as opposed to blowing 100k on props

“this”

The off-field experience needs to be good. 2019 had a lot of bad logistics BS from what I’ve gathered. 

I’m not wild about the show, but there’s nice moments, and it seems like members and fans alike are responding well to it. The feeling of secondhand embarassment (“cringe”) from the crowd I saw at Whitewater in 2019 was palpable. The members weren’t exactly in love with what they were given to perform, quite the opposite

Hold onto being in the top 12 and make the member experience consistently great. Then you can take on the 4-6 year project of becoming consistently top 6. 

25 minutes ago, FTNK said:

“this”

The off-field experience needs to be good. 2019 had a lot of bad logistics BS from what I’ve gathered. 

I’m not wild about the show, but there’s nice moments, and it seems like members and fans alike are responding well to it. The feeling of secondhand embarassment (“cringe”) from the crowd I saw at Whitewater in 2019 was palpable. The members weren’t exactly in love with what they were given to perform, quite the opposite

Hold onto being in the top 12 and make the member experience consistently great. Then you can take on the 4-6 year project of becoming consistently top 6. 

The separation from YEA was much needed to distance themselves from the stigma of that entity, but with it they have new challenges of trying to be financially viable without outside sources of revenue other than donations.

It seemed 2019 was an attempt to modernize their shows, but it was not on brand for the Cadets and set them back on their revitalization. From what I gather, the current staff and members claim 2019 never happened and they are determined to … I have to say it.. Do Better…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

sounds glorious

If only the props were bigger

I'd give all the props in the world to that hornline 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1