THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

After finally watching the show on camera up high and I now a better read on the drill.  I don't think there is any way the show ends up below 7th place.  It might end up in 6th.  To me, the guard uniforms blend in too much with the horn line.  It may have a different effect in person.  The beginning and middle of the show are wonderful.

Cadets were really really good tonight. 

1. They need to clean.
  2. They need an ending.
  3. They need the judges to start to reward them.
  4. They certainly check more brass boxes than a good portion of the top 6.
  5. Their listening environmental challenges are off the hook.
  6. Their simultaneous responsibilities are greater than two corps in front of them and every corps behind them.
  7. The drill is very good.
  8. The guard is much improved.
  9. The battery is slammin.
  10. The narration tells the story perfectly.
Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 6

Favorite cadets show since 2015. I’ve missed you cadets! Not where we want to be yet, and that’s just fine. This show is fun and engaging, and just gives a cadets vibe! So I am glad they have their sorta image back. One of my top 3s this year 

• Like 1

CrownBEAT

1 Carolina Crown 81.850
2 Boston Crusaders 80.850
3 The Cadets 76.900
4 Crossmen 73.200
5 Music City 68.350

1 hour ago, njthundrrd said:

Cadets were really really good tonight. 

1. They need to clean.
  2. They need an ending.
  3. They need the judges to start to reward them.
  4. They certainly check more brass boxes than a good portion of the top 6.
  5. They listening environmental challenges are off the hook.
  6. Their simultaneous responsibilities are greater than two corps in front of them and every corps behind them.
  7. The drill is very good.
  8. The guard is much improved.
  9. The battery is slammin.
  10. The narration tells the story perfectly.

I'm a bit worried re the changes made, seem superfluous

the guard feels over written, spinning constantly really costs effect

The opener gets "interrupted" a couple times, removing those would really help them build energy - particularly the "on the road" brass moment, cut that!

the second (long) section of narration needs clipped from the jazz section = adds nothing

need to visually clear out folks around the percussion features, feels very cluttered in those spots

I realize there's more to tag on to the end, wouldn't do it until they get a LOT cleaner - feet are really hurting those drum/brass scores

The "I'm half way across the country" narration part doesn't make much sense with the corps all the way on side one standing behind "the west" sign

just some random thoughts... I think they're heading to 7th, as long as they get clean, the score particularly GE, was concerning tonight > judges may think the signs are too small just a hunch plus it wasn't a great run JMO

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

Only down 3 tenths to Boston in Brass...Very interesting...Get clean ASAP and maybe 6th come finals?...wishful thinking?..maybe

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The opener gets "interrupted" a couple times, removing those would really help them build energy - particularly the "on the road" brass moment, cut that!

The "I'm half way across the country" narration part doesn't make much sense with the corps all the way on side one standing behind "the west" sign

Agreed with these. Been surprised at the love being shown for the opener, because I thought the same thing about it being too interrupted. That super long chord also is annoying to me. 

• Like 2