THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Cadets have had a long, hard few years. It's amazing to me that after that, people are suggesting getting NEW STAFF ALREADY. Can THIS staff have at least three years to figure it all out? Sure, there are quite a few veteran staff members part of this corps already, but to suggest to throw them out already is ridiculous. 

I'm surprised you're willing to give this staff 3 more years to figure it out. I don't see it, maybe I'm wrong but at least bring in somebody new with some fresh modern ideas. I'm not going to say anything more about it, it's obvious people have different opinions about the current staff and if they can bring Cadets back to the elite level where they need to be and I respect your opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I'm surprised you're willing to give this staff 3 more years to figure it out. I don't see it, maybe I'm wrong but at least bring in somebody new with some fresh modern ideas. I'm not going to say anything more about it, it's obvious people have different opinions about the current staff and if they can bring Cadets back to the elite level where they need to be and I respect your opinion. 

They need to reestablish the brand. Be good. Be somewhat innovative while being themselves. Sneak into the top 6 and be themselves for a year before innovation becomes their tradition.

You know who did what I described above? The Bluecoats.

Cadets also have to work on their "side hustle" to bring in more revenue to experiment/innovate and have that financial cushion those corps need.

Crown is pretty good at having a side hustle.

Give The Cadet some room. For an org that was on the brink and full of issues... Between 2021 and 2022, they certainly are heading in the right direction. As long as 2023 is not a dud. They will be okay. I know there are more than enough people around there now to make sure that does not happen. Smart behind the scenes people working with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, George Dixon said:

lol yes, and all taught and designed by folks hired before he was put in charge. The members are MUCH better off without him, as are the entire staff, the volunteers and everyone else... Don't give that man ANY credit.

To be clear, I would never do anything of the sort.

Humor me, though.  Add in a couple of superfluous "Indeed" 's and ellipses when the narration says "Let's a hit a few jazz joints and fuggedahbbout it" and it sounds JUST LIKE a Hoppy blog post (or FB post, or Medium post, or wherever he thinks people will want to read his opinion).  I need to pull out my Kerouac books to prove JK actually wrote that.  

With that said, I'm super happy there's still a Cadets and agree they are MUCH better off!!!!  

Go Cadets!

Edited by NewToPosting
Removed personal trauma account (not mine)
  • Haha 1

The Cadets do not need to make any changes as far as I am concerned. The show this year is right where it needs to be. They are performing well and I LOVE the show. No, it's not perfect, but then who is? I think the show is outstanding, they are performing well, the members seem to be loving the show and their tour, and the staff do an excellent job teaching. The design team put together a very creative and fun show. Am I wild about the uniforms? I don't know, but I love how they handle the uniform change. 

There is not much to complain about. How many people thought they had a legit shot at 6th place coming into the season? Not sure if they will hit 6th, but just being in the race among some outstanding drum corps is pretty sweet. Go Cadets!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

That's about all I'm willing to give them. All I'm saying is I am willing to give them a chance. I'm not telling anyone else what to do, but we should be a little more understanding of their situation. Any other corps who've dealt with what they have would have folded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

To be clear, I would never do anything of the sort.

Humor me, though.  Add in a couple of superfluous "Indeed" 's and ellipses when the narration says "Let's a hit a few jazz joints and fuggedahbbout it" and it sounds JUST LIKE a Hoppy blog post (or FB post, or Medium post, or wherever he thinks people will want to read his opinion).  I need to pull out my Kerouac books to prove JK actually wrote that.  

With that said, I'm super happy there's still a Cadets and agree they are MUCH better off!!!!  

No, I'll never give GH credit except for his ability to push my friend into the corner of the food truck and force himself on her (this was YEARS ago - and I wish I had the nerve to call the cops the day it happened).  I believe EVERY word of EVERYONE who came forward, because I was aware of one person's experience a full decade before it all came out.

So, yes, I agree that the corps, the staff, the volunteers, the members, and the fans are ultimately in much better hands.

Go Cadets!

I’m so sorry for your friend. That stays with you.  It doesn’t just go away.  I hope she has found healing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m so sorry for your friend. That stays with you.  It doesn’t just go away.  I hope she has found healing. 

She did.  I took it out because it's not my story, after all.  But I know what happened.  Beyond gross.

I read his posts about the "mutiny" (I don't know if he used that phrase and don't really care - he asserts it's just because people don't like him).  I know what my friend told me (2 hours after it happened) and I 100% believe her.

1 minute ago, NewToPosting said:

She did.  I took it out because it's not my story, after all.  But I know what happened.  Beyond gross.

I read his posts about the "mutiny" (I don't know if he used that phrase and don't really care - he asserts it's just because people don't like him).  I know what my friend told me (2 hours after it happened) and I 100% believe her.

A very close friend of mine is a survivor of him. She has healed but what happened in 2018 was like pulling off a scab.

• Sad 2