THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

A very close friend of mine is a survivor of him. She has healed but what happened in 2018 was like pulling off a scab.

Heartbreaking to hear. I think that’s an aspect of this that isn’t talked about enough — obviously it’s crucial that this stuff comes to light, but it can be extremely hard for survivors once it’s all unavoidable and public, whether they come forward or not. I hope everyone impacted by this is eventually able to heal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Was anyone at the show last night?  Interested to hear thoughts on how the corps is progressing.  

I mean score wise it was good, I've seen video. Interestingly it was a sloppier run than the rehearsal ensemble which was very good.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, Terri Schehr said:

I’m so sorry for your friend. That stays with you.  It doesn’t just go away.  I hope she has found healing. 

There is a second story that runs in parallel to the incidents that ultimately brought down GH. For years The Cadets succeeded by supposedly being the hardest working corps. And maybe they were. But the toll in broken bodies - especially females - was unconscionable. It took a few years for me to figure this out, and by the time I did, the sexual misconduct issue blew up.

When the time is right, I will tell the story as I witnessed it. But for now, just know that there are some scars that have not healed, the reasons for which may not have been assault, but were ultimately highly destructive nonetheless. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Icer said:

There is a second story that runs in parallel to the incidents that ultimately brought down GH. For years The Cadets succeeded by supposedly being the hardest working corps. And maybe they were. But the toll in broken bodies - especially females - was unconscionable. It took a few years for me to figure this out, and by the time I did, the sexual misconduct issue blew up.

When the time is right, I will tell the story as I witnessed it. But for now, just know that there are some scars that have not healed, the reasons for which may not have been assault, but were ultimately highly destructive nonetheless. 

My body was never broken due to marching Cadets. 

• Like 1

Moderators, while the comments on the last few pages deserve a place to be discussed, they do not belong in a Cadets 2022 Show thread. I'm asking that you do what I've seen you proactively do with other threads and clean up this thread to remove off-topic discussions. Thank you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fifer said:

Moderators, while the comments on the last few pages deserve a place to be discussed, they do not belong in a Cadets 2022 Show thread. I'm asking that you do what I've seen you proactively do with other threads and clean up this thread to remove off-topic discussions. Thank you. 

good morning Fifer/all.

Proactivity starts with members reporting questionable posts, not throwing down posts like this.  Please don't presume that moderators are on the board 24/7 reading everything - we aren't/don't and rely heavily on all of you to help police the threads.

I did a quick scan, removed a few items.  if there are more please report, and sincere thanks for your collective help.

Cadets 2022:  count me as one who is incredibly grateful to have them and the rest of the corps on the field again after all we/they have been through.  Good stuff, getting better! 

z

13 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

good morning Fifer/all.

Proactivity starts with members reporting questionable posts, not throwing down posts like this.  Please don't presume that moderators are on the board 24/7 reading everything - we aren't/don't and rely heavily on all of you to help police the threads.

z

Couple years ago I was asked if I’d consider being an All Age forum mod. Was filled in on the duties of a mod. Appreciated the offer but just didn’t have the spare time. 

Besides the pay sucked. 😈😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari