THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

2 hours ago, Sensioto said:

Saw a clip on Instagram and I hear some music rewrites and see some visual changes to the closer! Hoping for a great months left here for The Cadets! 

I was hoping for changes to the closer in order to compete at a higher level as it was very stagnant - this is good news. The problem I have with this show is within the GE category - it simply doesn't and cannot compare, nor compete, with the top of the pack. As an alumni, it's worth mentioning that the guard has made SIGNIFICANT improvements vs. past years and that makes me very proud. ! I am however still missing the wow factor from this show - what will it take?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hughesmr said:

Interesting how the corps is ahead of the conductor...

My apology audio sync issue with my upload to YouTube 😂

On 7/15/2022 at 10:02 AM, Icer said:

Obviously it didn’t happen to everyone. But talk to some of the others. 

Yeah so the indication is that some people get hurt in drum corps, some don't. This isn't exclusive to Cadets. 

11 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

I was hoping for changes to the closer in order to compete at a higher level as it was very stagnant - this is good news. The problem I have with this show is within the GE category - it simply doesn't and cannot compare, nor compete, with the top of the pack. As an alumni, it's worth mentioning that the guard has made SIGNIFICANT improvements vs. past years and that makes me very proud. ! I am however still missing the wow factor from this show - what will it take?

I am sure the design team and caption heads have a plan.... Really smart people there the past two years. Plenty of knowledge how to "get it done" and consultants that more than know the activity. Slow and steady wins the race ... when you are rebuilding a brand.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 3

I hope they can clean up the guard. Saw a run from yesterday and the guard is still very sloppy. Had a good start but don’t seem to be cleaning. That could be the big difference between them and Blue Stars 

4 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

I hope they can clean up the guard. Saw a run from yesterday and the guard is still very sloppy. Had a good start but don’t seem to be cleaning. That could be the big difference between them and Blue Stars 

🙄 pretty sure GE is more of a concern right now - Blue Stars are much more visually impactful. Btw - the guard hasn’t been this good in 3 years.

Edited by Cadet Guardy
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah so the indication is that some people get hurt in drum corps, some don't. This isn't exclusive to Cadets. 

No, it’s not exclusive to the Cadets, but The Cadets we’re at the wrong end of the spectrum. If you don’t know this, you need to talk to more people. 

Finally saw the show. WOW!  Souch abeautiful show and flow.  Love the progression and the narration makes sense and does not detract.  I loved it. And I was happy to hear an audience go crazy for them. Indy will be very interesting.  America loves a comeback story and I feel the audience will finally be ready to fully embrace the Cadets!  I can't wait to see them in Indy!

Edited by Tony L.
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

🙄 pretty sure GE is more of a concern right now - Blue Stars are much more visually impactful. Btw - the guard hasn’t been this good in 3 years.

I agree. But they are not being judged off how improved they are!  I like them a lot they just seem to have plateaued in terms of getting clean.