THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

5 hours ago, postertrout said:

I believe this it totally precautionary and The Cadets are not experiencing any outbreak currently. 

I0?ui=2&ik=e56310ffb4&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r5591757617776404896&th=18240968f1cfdd69&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9e-QOLij-WR6zvZSyBryKDFToXSdJm7G4lbmksJyKJUzTUvC2N1rSSAodqEsNMCyYIyAvLW7_ykh-aqlYx9-h-j7JIesotMzgrB60WZq0Bw0CtmCIfNiIkL_U&disp=emb&realattid=182409672cee4e019f71

Yes seems precautionary, but wise 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, George Dixon said:

Cadets when ready to move should go to Annapolis MD imo - lots of $$$ there 

Oh yeah, one of the wealthiest places in America. It's a little sick how much money is floating around DC. I think there were 7 of the richest counties there.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

I love this year's show.  But, I think transitions need work.  Especially ially between the Jazz segment and the ballad.  They seemed to take a beat or two tonight, to let it breath.  It needs more.  I am hoping for some musical interlude that is closing of the club, evening over kind of moment.  Then lead into that fantastic ballad.  They just need to let some portions of the show breath and resolve.  I can't wait to see them in Indy!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The Cadets did not leave Garfield, Hackensack or Bergenfield on the best of terms.

Most of that was because of "he whose name shall not be mentioned".

My firm was Engineer for the City of Hackensack when the Cadets proposed moving there.

GH  gave  all kinds of assurances of how the Cadets would prominently display that they were from Hackensack  and that they would work with the City's youth for music programs, clinics ,etc.

About the only thing the Cadets followed through on was a "Hackensack" patch on their uniforms.

Given the "bad taste" they left in people's mouths, I don't see them coming back.

So they should probably put them in their 'rear view mirror'?  :whistle:  

I'm actually loving their 2022 production.  Two names: Bocook + Aungst.    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Tony L. said:

I love this year's show.  But, I think transitions need work.  Especially ially between the Jazz segment and the ballad.  They seemed to take a beat or two tonight, to let it breath.  It needs more.  I am hoping for some musical interlude that is closing of the club, evening over kind of moment.  Then lead into that fantastic ballad.  They just need to let some portions of the show breath and resolve.  I can't wait to see them in Indy!

agreed! That's the second worst in the show - the change to "swing swing swing" Motif in the jazz section was pretty terrible early on, now it seems into and out of the ballad need the most work. Like a pit bridge into as you suggest. They've got a couple pacing things to sort out and they'll be strong in Indy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

agreed! That's the second worst in the show - the change to "swing swing swing" Motif in the jazz section was pretty terrible early on, now it seems into and out of the ballad need the most work. Like a pit bridge into as you suggest. They've got a couple pacing things to sort out and they'll be strong in Indy.

Better to have transition issues at this point rather than fundamentally bad show designs that are not salvageable.   Like in some recent shows.  

• Like 6

• Still waiting on that long chord ("look at the beatnicks!") to be replaced with something, anything
  • Seems like the jazz number could be shortened a bit but probably messes up all the stuff they're doing re: uni changes etc. Not sure what to replace it with anyway.
  • I still don't have a good read on flo of the period between end of jazz and when the bulk of the ballad starts - seems long, I know there's guard being featured center stage but difficult to see on screen against the tarp. Just seems to last too long, or needs more visual interest
  • Has the trombone articulation gone downhill recently?