THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

I want to echo what many have said in that I am really happy with the direction that the The Cadets have taken this year. To be honest, I've not been a big fan of Darcie Aungst's creative decisions, finding the 2019 show heavy-handed and cringeworthy. The irony is that I've loved her work with Dartmouth H.S.'s indoor programs. I think her maturity and growth this year is commendable and I'm excited to see how she and the organization develops in the coming years. As for this show? A wonderful step for the group's march back to the top! (see what I did there?) LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ykw said:

Any insight into why the percussion score was so low at NightBEAT?

I was wondering the same thing.  Did something actually happen?  Is it going to be a trend for the remainder of the season, or was it just a "one-off" differing opinion from one night?

24 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Did something actually happen?  Is it going to be a trend for the remainder of the season, or was it just a "one-off" differing opinion from one night?

I am sure that Tom, Neil, and company will have this taken care of for their next show. These guys are pros pros.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't be too concerned.  Last nights percussion scores are getting all kinds of discussion...heh.  I half wonder if the judge didn't fully take the time to adjust or manage his numbers after the last two corps were scrubbed from scoring and just handed in his sheet.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:01 AM, GlenI said:

I want to echo what many have said in that I am really happy with the direction that the The Cadets have taken this year. To be honest, I've not been a big fan of Darcie Aungst's creative decisions, finding the 2019 show heavy-handed and cringeworthy. The irony is that I've loved her work with Dartmouth H.S.'s indoor programs. I think her maturity and growth this year is commendable and I'm excited to see how she and the organization develops in the coming years. As for this show? A wonderful step for the group's march back to the top! (see what I did there?) LOL

Why am I just now noticing her last name! Wow. What a family! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommeee said:

it seems like a one off, hard to swallow, but a 1.5-point swing from one judge, one night - as others have said, the staff knows what they're doing and the kids are focused.