THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

52 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

A surprise. I love it, others may not. They sound and move like Cadets. The guard is massive. Corps is 165 - big brass line too. Some amazing features, small ensembles and soloists.

The general vibe of the show is VERY 1995.

But add in more park and blow, way more acting/body movement.  The role playing extends into the pit, watch for it.

But similar to 95 in many ways - props all over the field, a wicked fast opener (200bpm) and frenetic closer, moving ballad (very, staging is excellent). The corps/guard interact with jazz club props & chairs during the jazz part 2.

The poet/narrator may be divisive, but I found it highly effective (and I generally HATE narration). It's very well done.

The ballad ends in the far side 1 corner of the field, it's terrific moment

As far as drill it climaxes in the closer with a lot of speed and a wall to wall "surprise" curved company front - which quickly collapses down to a box on the 50 in the front and the show seems over. The poet/narration then talks about how it's ok to "look back" but you can never stop moving forward - you've got to go, and keep on going - and the box quickly unfolds until a straight company front and pushes forward - as if the Cadets are saying "we agree" - I get the feeling an add-on is planned here for mid-season?

This sounds fantastic! I cannot wait to see them. I could care less were they place but I love the corps so much and this show really intrigues me. The drill sounds very cool. 

• Like 3

On 6/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, 2000Cadet said:

Hopefully it'll be better than 99. 

The ending, tho... 

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

no, it's recorded voice - beatnik poetry

Thank goodness. Excited to see their product based off your descriptions 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

The ending, tho... 

Funny thing is that was supposed to be the end of the opener. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I spy a Eb Alto Horn 

Just now, ThatGuy2900 said:

I spy a Eb Alto Horn 

yup, gorgeous solo on it, a first for the activity, I think? It's always been one of my favorite sounding horns

• Like 2