THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

OMG Cadets!!!!

i was screaming for y’all like I did back in the 80’s and 90’s. 

Favorite show of 2022 without a doubt

Congrats on a triumphant return to the completive scene and have an amazing summer!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm looking so forward to watching Cadets improve over the summer. Can't wait to see more. 

should grow all year, especially as the feet locked in - biggest change I see needed is restaging guard a bit and of course working on the music transitions... Give it a month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

should grow all year, especially as the feet locked in - biggest change I see needed is restaging guard a bit and of course working on the music transitions... Give it a month.

Good because that is about all they've got to get it right.

This could be an unpopular opinion but I feel like the Cadets are holding on to tradition quite a bit too much and not evolving with the activity. Cadets used to be the innovators who broke new ground. Now that title seems to belong to the Bluecoats and Carolina Crown.  I feel like they are still trying to be the Cadets of 2011 and before but in track suits instead of shakos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

This could be an unpopular opinion but I feel like the Cadets are holding on to tradition quite a bit too much and not evolving with the activity. Cadets used to be the innovators who broke new ground. Now that title seems to belong to the Bluecoats and Carolina Crown.  I feel like they are still trying to be the Cadets of 2011 and before but in track suits instead of shakos.

I couldn’t agree more - this coming from an alumni. There are  few risks taken and I’m beyond disappointed almost every single year. Sadly, it’s time for a mostly fresh staff change - if you continue to do the same thing, we’ll…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I kind of agree.  Why not have a costume that better matched the theme of the show. Those printed t-shorts look cheap. 

I love the show and am so happy that they are on their way back but the corps uniforms seem a cop out (maybe to appease the alumni?

• Thanks 1

After 2 years of force majeure (pandemic), I welcome back the Cadets...Your first show was well worth waiting for..As your show matures, I'm sure you'll be rewarded for your efforts...ST. Louis Woman was  true to Herbie's arrangement  and my favorite moment...Keep cleaning and you'll be fine for finals..good luck!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I'm not sure where you have been the last five years but the Cadets have been through A LOT

Want to help them get back to being "leaders in the activity"?

Volunteer or Donate:

The Cadets - 10 Time World Champion Drum Corps - donate

The Cadets - 10 Time World Champion Drum Corps - volunteer

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm not sure where you have been the last five years but the Cadets have been through A LOT

Want to help them get back to being "leaders in the activity"?

Volunteer or Donate:

The Cadets - 10 Time World Champion Drum Corps - donate

The Cadets - 10 Time World Champion Drum Corps - volunteer

I know they’ve been through a lot. However, I’m not sure me donating my money or time will impact show design choices. I’m pretty sure they aren’t hiring me to be in the design team or are asking my opinion. However, as a spectator and a fan I can still have an opinion.

If their goal is to just be happy to exist and appease alumni who want it to be like it was “back in my day” for financial support that is fine. I’m just stating that in the big picture of things, I feel like what it meant to be a Cadet was to be an innovator in the activity and programming choices that pushed the envelope. I think they can do both but playing and moving fast behind a bunch of narration is a bit stale of a design concept and will only take them so far.

I don’t think it’s worth getting offended over but if they want to get back out of the bottom 6 they’ll need to figure out a way to keep up with the others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

I know they’ve been through a lot. However, I’m not sure me donating my money or time will impact show design choices. I’m pretty sure they aren’t hiring me to be in the design team or are asking my opinion. However, as a spectator and a fan I can still have an opinion.

If their goal is to just be happy to exist and appease alumni who want it to be like it was “back in my day” for financial support that is fine. I’m just stating that in the big picture of things, I feel like what it meant to be a Cadet was to be an innovator in the activity and programming choices that pushed the envelope. I think they can do both but playing and moving fast behind a bunch of narration is a bit stale of a design concept and will only take them so far.

I don’t think it’s worth getting offended over but if they want to get back out of the bottom 6 they’ll need to figure out a way to keep up with the others.

I think it’s one step at a time and after the past few year’s misfires (not including 2021) this feels like a massive step in the right direction. Much improve drill and guard, and a more coherent theme. 

As I said one step at a time. A better show (and probably 1-2 steps up the competitor rankings) will do wonders for retention and talent attraction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1