THE CADETS 2022 SHOW

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I thought the regionals were mandatory for finals seeding 🤷

I think they’re sharing the regional with NightBEAT on Sunday?  So probably using the other groups scores from Sunday.  There’s an article somewhere on the DCI site about the Southern swing of the tour.  

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think they’re sharing the regional with NightBEAT on Sunday?  So probably using the other groups scores from Sunday.  There’s an article somewhere on the DCI site about the Southern swing of the tour.  

I hate that as much as I hate Allentown's 2 day regional. Unfair for any group that gets the first day. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Any reason they aren't doing Atlanta?

Since Luke Combs will be the headline attraction at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on July 30, the DCI Southeastern Regional was moved to the Georgia State football stadium (reconfigured Turner Field/Centennial Olympic Stadium).

DCI decided to have the 2019 Top Six corps (Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vanguard) appear at both the Southeastern Championship on Saturday, July 30 and NightBEAT in Winston-Salem on Sunday, July 31.   

All the other competing corps were assigned to one or the other show, not both:

Atlanta 7/30:  The Academy, Blue Stars, Genesis, Gold, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Music City, Phantom Regiment, 

Winston-Salem 7/31:   Blue Knights, The Cadets, Colts, Crossmen, Jersey Surf, Pacific Crest, Troopers

755 Hank Aaron Dr SE

Edited by ykw

5 minutes ago, ykw said:

Since Luke Combs will be the headline attraction at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on July 30, the DCI Southeastern Regional was moved to the Georgia State football stadium (reconfigured Turner Field/Centennial Olympic Stadium).

DCI decided to have the 2019 Top Six corps (Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vanguard) appear at both the Southeastern Championship on Saturday, July 30 and NightBEAT in Winston-Salem on Sunday, July 31.   

All the other World Class corps were assigned to one or the other show, not both:

Atlanta 7/30:  Blue Stars, Genesis, Gold, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Music City, Phantom Regiment, The Academy

Winston-Salem 7/31:   The Cadets, Blue Knights, Colts, Crossmen, Jersey Surf, Pacific Crest, Troopers

755 Hank Aaron Dr SE

Another reason to hate country music

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Another reason to hate country music

I think it's a blessing Cadets are bypassing Atlanta this weekend.   

Having two simultaneous events at venues about a mile-and-a-half apart seem to be ingredients for a total traffic #### stew.  

And not to mention the 10-day Atlanta weather forecast predicts a greater than 50% chance of thunderstorms.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ykw said:

755 Hank Aaron Dr SE

When the article was released on the swing of the Southern tour, someone stated on here that DCI couldn't afford the Mercedes Benz.  Maybe they were in a bidding war with the country music artist promoter?  My reply to that was "I will gladly pay more for admission to attend the event in the Mercedes venue due to potential weather issues & location.