Tour Premiere

4 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

I'm a Manager for another chain (can't legally say) and I can 99% confirm it's going to be in theatres. It's on our advanced bookings page, as well as BLL, so it'll be there as long as there isn't anything weird that happens. 

Interesting; so is "Fathom Events" an independent promoter that contracts events in different theater companies like a concert promoter?  Or maybe DCI is using another theater event promoter?  There's nothing on the Fathom website & nothing turns up in their search.  Just curious...   

32 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Interesting; so is "Fathom Events" an independent promoter that contracts events in different theater companies like a concert promoter?  Or maybe DCI is using another theater event promoter?  There's nothing on the Fathom website & nothing turns up in their search.  Just curious...   

As far as I know, it's through Fathom Again, I'll double check tomorrow. But yeah, Fathom is like a second-hand promoter for events. I've worked for three different locations, and all three will get different events from each other, based on stuff like demand, demographics, etc. Not sure why it hadn't shown up for Fathom's site yet (so that 1% uncertainty is from not sure if our bookings will stick), but they might be waiting on pre-sales, too. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Don't see any locations in North Jersey, where I live.

AMC had a lot more locations.

I also don't  don't know how widespread  "Regal " theaters are around the country.

Regal and AMC are pretty much the two biggest theater groups around the country...

Cinemark is also large.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Nothing in Western Pa. 

Glad it's available at home (fingers crossed for a solid stream).

Like I always say, a good internet connection and a good router…. We had cable only (Comcast, the work of the devil) in Illinois and no matter what we did, it was terrible.  Moved here, have one gig fiber, and not even glitch (except for THEIR glitches), 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Like I always say, a good internet connection and a good router…. We had cable only (Comcast, the work of the devil) in Illinois and no matter what we did, it was terrible.  Moved here, have one gig fiber, and not even glitch (except for THEIR glitches), 

Yeah, you're right Terri. I haven't had a glitch since i first started streaming finals, except for the network glitches themselves. To me though, last year (2021) the streaming quality did looked below the quality in comparison we normaly get in the prevoius years. But it also could have been part due to my Tv aswell.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Yeah, you're right Terri. I haven't had a glitch since i first started streaming finals, except for the network glitches themselves. To me though, last year (2021) the streaming quality did looked below the quality in comparison we normaly get in the prevoius years. But it also could have been part due to my Tv aswell.

Last year, the audio was so bad at times that I kept watching it just to see how bad it would get.  And it was pretty bad.

• Haha 1

Regarding Fathom Events, my understanding is they have cut back on a number of events they broadcast. Though they still have quite a few offerings, there have to be enough theaters willing to show an event, and for the theaters, showings need to sell out, or at least fill 90% of the seats in order to break even, and they need to hope people buy concessions. A friend who is a manager at a Showcase told me that when the Metropolitan Opera is broadcast live, the seats are filled but the money is made on beer, wine, and cocktails. People are still not going to theaters in big numbers due to a combination of Covid and the overall reality that theaters are closing left and right and people would rather stay home and stream. 

DCI usually does not start pushing the Tour Premier until we get close to Mother’s Day which is tomorrow though I thought it was in the overall calendar long before Mother’s Day. I seem to recall in 2019 Big, Loud, and Live was well attended, but fewer theaters had the tour premier and the numbers were down. As much as I enjoy the tour premier broadcast, my guess is it’s not happening, especially in light of comments from people who have checked with local theaters who say it is not on the calendar. The August event may still be on, but again I believe it was listed on the schedule earlier. 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Last year, the audio was so bad at times that I kept watching it just to see how bad it would get.  And it was pretty bad.

It was the worst.. aye yai yai. I hope we don't experience that ever again. :100_pray:

• Like 1