Tour Premiere

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not so much that as it is the people at the theater. There was nearly a fist fight next to me because a woman was sitting in the wrong seat.  I don’t need to be around that. 

Few years back at a theater here in SoCal, some teenagers sitting a few rows behind me and my wife were throwing popcorn and skittles. I almost had an Iraq Flashback. 

• Haha 3

I can understand the Flo-cast vs theatre thing. If I could ever find a decent popcorn for home, I'd do the same thing. 30+ years microwave popcorn has been around and I still can't find a brand that comes close to the theatre. I'll even go to a Jennifer Anniston flick with the Ayatollah for some theatre popcorn. The nap afterwards during the movie makes it all worthwhile. 

That reminds me - need to turn Flo back on prior to the opening west coast shows. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not so much that as it is the people at the theater. There was nearly a fist fight next to me because a woman was sitting in the wrong seat.  I don’t need to be around that. 

I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to a movie theater.  Probably 20-25 years ago.  I have a 65” with an Onkyo sound system complete with subwoofers.  I rattle the china cabinet & my wife hates it.  It’s all about the bass… 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to a movie theater.  Probably 20-25 years ago.  I have a 65” with an Onkyo sound system complete with subwoofers.  I rattle the china cabinet & my wife hates it.  It’s all about the bass… 😂

... " because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble " 😊   

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I can understand the Flo-cast vs theatre thing. If I could ever find a decent popcorn for home, I'd do the same thing. 30+ years microwave popcorn has been around and I still can't find a brand that comes close to the theatre. I'll even go to a Jennifer Anniston flick with the Ayatollah for some theatre popcorn. The nap afterwards during the movie makes it all worthwhile. 

That reminds me - need to turn Flo back on prior to the opening west coast shows. 

If you don't want to invest in a fancy popper, the Whirley Pop works great for making popcorn on the stove. Much better than any microwave popcorn.

If you're trying to recreate move theatre popcorn, use refined coconut oil. A lot of theatres also use Flavacol, which is a super fine salt with butter flavoring and yellow coloring. Can get it online. Just remember a little goes a long way, and to mix it with the oil not as a topping.

• Like 2