FLO questions

43 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Bought a tablet last year and use that to “cast” to the TV. Kind of hit and miss if it works right for some things. Mainly for Tubi and Apple+ when I has a free year.

I don't think I've ever watched Tubi. I think it's still free? I'm one of those perfect candidates for the app that tells you all the stream services you have and what you do and do not use and cancels them for you. Ozark was the only thing I ever watched on Netflix and now that it's done, so is Netflix. I really don't even watch much on HBO Max except Curb Your Enthusiasm, but that's free with my phone. I'm pretty much a 5 or 6 channel Hulu watcher and that's enough to keep me out of bars at night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I don't think I've ever watched Tubi. I think it's still free? I'm one of those perfect candidates for the app that tells you all the stream services you have and what you do and do not use and cancels them for you. Ozark was the only thing I ever watched on Netflix and now that it's done, so is Netflix. I really don't even watch much on HBO Max except Curb Your Enthusiasm, but that's free with my phone. I'm pretty much a 5 or 6 channel Hulu watcher and that's enough to keep me out of bars at night. 

To keep it corps related 🙄 Tubi had the show about drum corps that put me to sleep. (Don’t need to watch clips of practice sessions)

Tubi and Vudu are free but commercials up the you know what. I watch little network tv (don’t have premium channels either) so was using for shows I didn’t watch years ago (3rd Rock From the Sun, etc). 

I haunt local Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for family member who sells old books. Cuz of that have built up pretty good dvd collection of comedies and history/documentaries.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re nice TVs for the price.  I put a 40” out on the lanai.   

OH yes they are. Might join you for drink on the lanai ?

(whispering)...... Terry i had no idea what a lanai was :laughing:, had to look it up.. (shhhhhh) tell no one. :4_joy:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

OH yes they are. Might join you for drink on the lanai ?

(whispering)...... Terry i had no idea what a lanai was :laughing:, had to look it up.. (shhhhhh) tell no one. :4_joy:

It’s a screened in porch for us midwesterners but down here, it’s a lanai. When we looked at the floor plan of the build, I said what’s a lanai?  They told me and I said oh, a screened in porch.  😂 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s a screened in porch for us midwesterners but down here, it’s a lanai. When we looked at the floor plan of the build, I said what’s a lanai?  They told me and I said oh, a screened in porch.  😂 

Thats so funny Lol.. I guess the saying is true, "we never stop learning".

• Like 1

[sips a morning mimosa with Terri on the lanai]

"Looks like hurricane season, better bring the 40" TV in."

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like it. Just renewed Flo yesterday for the season. 

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

Production Enhancements Coming For The 2022 DCI Season

Summary:

• 1080p
  • Enhanced Audio - From more mics on the field to getting direct-from-the-corps audio feeds.
  • Archives with Sound - Doubled investment into synchronization rights
  • Beefed-up multi-cam feeds - brought on directors for the multi-cam feeds that not only are excellent technically, but also have extensive experience teaching and performing in the marching arts.
  • Corps-submitted Visual Cue Sheets - we're asking corps to provide visual cue sheets prior to their first performance so the best version of the show's visual experience is translated to the broadcast. 
  • Rebroadcasts every show - Every single show that is streaming on FloMarching throughout the 2022 DCI season will also have a rebroadcast (with sound!) the following day.

Read article further here:  https://www.flomarching.com/articles/7781608-production-enhancements-coming-for-the-2022-dci-season

Those are some great improvements & will reconsider a 30-day subscription up to finals week.  I just remember the days of the "camera on a string".  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 3