FLO questions

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

right...but....they provide Flo revenue so they'll take whatever they can get

Oh, I don't have any problem with Flo collecting ad revenue. They have to make money too. I do have a problem with that underachiever Ricky Fowler. I had all (well, ok almost most) of my hair when his career began. 

15 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Oh, I don't have any problem with Flo collecting ad revenue. They have to make money too. I do have a problem with that underachiever Ricky Fowler. I had all (well, ok almost most) of my hair when his career began. 

oh i dont disagree..i just hate Rocket.

and Flo's commercial volume

On 6/7/2022 at 8:39 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

I like it. Just renewed Flo yesterday for the season. 

I did as well . If they deliver on the promised enhanced features they claim they will provide us fans this season , it will be potentially much improved . I’m particularly pleased that they will apparently provide replay after the event and with sound . Watching a replay on Flo of units without sound did nothing for me , and so never bothered with replays of anything on Flo . Now it’s good to have the ability to see and hear a show where we might be out at the time of the show , or we want to rewatch it . Some of the shows on the west coast have late starts for us Midwesterner’s and especially those back East . Having the ability to catch the show later the next day if we want to , is a nice feature , imo 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I did as well . If they deliver on the promised enhanced features they claim they will provide us fans this season , it will be potentially much improved . I’m particularly pleased that they will apparently provide replay after the event and with sound . Watching a replay on Flo of units without sound did nothing for me , and so never bothered with replays of anything on Flo . Now it’s good to have the ability to see and hear a show where we might be out at the time of the show , or we want to rewatch it . Some of the shows on the west coast have late starts for us Midwesterner’s and especially those back East . Having the ability to catch the show later the next day if we want to , is a nice feature , imo 

The question will be, however, if it's "on demand".  They offered the same last year, offering a replay the next day, but it was at a specifically scheduled time, so unless it fit into your schedule...sorry, you were out of luck to view the replay.

17 minutes ago, mbviking said:

The question will be, however, if it's "on demand".  They offered the same last year, offering a replay the next day, but it was at a specifically scheduled time, so unless it fit into your schedule...sorry, you were out of luck to view the replay.

Good question . Maybe someone will clarify this . I assumed ( perhaps incorrectly ? ) that the stored show will be able to be retrieved at one’s leisure , not on THEIR scheduled replay timeline … ps … I went back and read the “ fine print “ in the press release and it reads “ if you want on demand replay of a rebroadcast , we got you covered “. So the way I interpreted this anyway is that the replay with sound the next day will be “ on demand”. 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 9:07 PM, Jeff Ream said:

oh i dont disagree..i just hate Rocket.

and Flo's commercial volume

Yea you aren't lying about Flo's commercial volume. 

One of their commercial's came on, nearly peeled the paint off my living room walls. Nearly failed my Audiogram a few days later lol. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Good question . Maybe someone will clarify this . I assumed ( perhaps incorrectly ? ) that the stored show will be able to be retrieved at one’s leisure , not on THEIR scheduled replay timeline … ps … I went back and read the “ fine print “ in the press release and it reads “ if you want on demand replay of a rebroadcast , we got you covered “. So the way I interpreted this anyway is that the replay with sound the next day will be “ on demand”. 

Last year (my first using Flo) they did it both ways. Some corps were on a set replay schedule, others were on demand. Some for multi-cam, some hi-cam only, so it really was a mixed bag. I think eventually they were all on demand any ol' way you want to watch it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sensioto said:

I, too, tried Flo in 2019 for the first time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the monthly subscription is well-worth it considering the amount of shows that are streamed. Sure, the quality of the broadcast may be a bit lackluster, but I will take whatever I can get. I thought the audio and video was sufficient and rarely had streaming issues that so many speak of. Maybe I have low expectations, but I have been pleased with the accessibility that Flo has brought to the DCI community. I will be renewing my monthly subscription in a few days to catch the first few shows out west next week. A little blue banner is posted on all of the events that will be on Flo this season on the DCI Schedule page: https://www.dci.org/events?limit=10&viewMode=list&sort=startDate

Several dates with multiple shows streaming, so we will have to choose carefully or stagger-watch! :grouphug:

As long as you have an excellent internet connection and good equipment, your experience on your end will be fine.  I had cable in Illinois but now I have fiber.  Flo was better than ever for us.  Except for that weird music and those loud commercials.  Not an equipment issue. 😂

I will never be able to stay awake for the California shows. 

• Like 2

the app was good during WGI. last year, video and sound was an issue. here's hoping this year is better