FLO questions

15 hours ago, Liahona said:

Production Enhancements Coming For The 2022 DCI Season

Summary:

• 1080p
  • Enhanced Audio - From more mics on the field to getting direct-from-the-corps audio feeds.
  • Archives with Sound - Doubled investment into synchronization rights
  • Beefed-up multi-cam feeds - brought on directors for the multi-cam feeds that not only are excellent technically, but also have extensive experience teaching and performing in the marching arts.
  • Corps-submitted Visual Cue Sheets - we're asking corps to provide visual cue sheets prior to their first performance so the best version of the show's visual experience is translated to the broadcast. 
  • Rebroadcasts every show - Every single show that is streaming on FloMarching throughout the 2022 DCI season will also have a rebroadcast (with sound!) the following day.

Read article further here:  https://www.flomarching.com/articles/7781608-production-enhancements-coming-for-the-2022-dci-season

i didnt see commercial volume not being deafening on there

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, drummergirl said:

They gotta leave something to start the “New for 2023 season” list. 

given my day job has me conditioned to hate Rocket Mortgage they can fix it now

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

given my day job has me conditioned to hate Rocket Mortgage they can fix it now

They need to dump Ricky Fowler anyway. Half azz golfer whose only claim to fame is those poorly acted commercials that interrupt my Flo time. 

Haven’t checked what Flo is covering yet. Tried them one year but didn’t go back for various reasons. Figure I’ll do one month to see if DCI style is still interesting to me. (Caveat: I’m not a big fan of MB shows)

Working on Box5/DCA first and hit first snag. Schedule not posted and when I used the “Contact” page what I type does not appear. Tried FB messager and got auto “not monitoring at this time” (at least they told me). So used the Help page as that showed my typing.

edit: Box5 got back to me via messenger. Schedule in a state of flux due to some corps going inactive. They will post when they know.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

23 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Haven’t checked what Flo is covering yet. Tried them one year but didn’t go back for various reasons. Figure I’ll do one month to see if DCI style is still interesting to me. (Caveat: I’m not a big fan of MB shows)

Working on Box5/DCA first and hit first snag. Schedule not posted and when I used the “Contact” page what I type does not appear. Tried FB messager and got auto “not monitoring at this time” (at least they told me). So used the Help page as that showed my typing.

edit: Box5 got back to me via messenger. Schedule in a state of flux due to some corps going inactive. They will post when they know.

I'm actually thinking about hanging on to Flo a little longer than normal to catch some of those MB shows. All those BOA (I think it was) Championship videos posted last year really got my attention. Like corps, it ain't like the old days anymore. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
I'm a spelling dunce.

4 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm actually thinking about hanging on to Flo a little longer than normal to catch some of those MB shows. All those BOA (I think it was) Championship videos posted last year really got my attention. Line corps, it ain't like the old days anymore. 

I’ll think of checking out MB also. Have to find out if the PA state colleges (Division II) will be webcasting football games. My Alma mater is part of that and basketball season was covered well. Just a question of sitting on my butt in evening (bands) or afternoon (football).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just keep the remote handy. 

oh I do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

They need to dump Ricky Fowler anyway. Half azz golfer whose only claim to fame is those poorly acted commercials that interrupt my Flo time. 

right...but....they provide Flo revenue so they'll take whatever they can get