Who in your opinion is the best drill designer in D. C. I's history?

I ask this because I've seen so many advances in drill/choreography since D.C.I.'s inception that I find it near impossible for me to speak with any authority..So feel free to give us your thoughts..thank you  

Given that DCI's history spans 50 years, that's a tough question. And the individuals above are certainly good calls, but if you asked them, I suspect they'd all give props to Pete Emmons.

We used to say that he didn't do "transitions". Every second of the show was a Kodak Moment.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ironlips said:

Given that DCI's history spans 50 years, that's a tough question. And the individuals above are certainly good calls, but if you asked them, I suspect they'd all give props to Pete Emmons.

We used to say that he didn't do "transitions". Every second of the show was a Kodak Moment.

I would agree, but bitd, no one really paid as much attention to who was who or was aware of the notoriety of most designers or instructors for that matter.  A few were well known by only a few so to speak.  In more recent times, more designers and many assistant writers and techs are well known.  But the original creators and influencers like Pete Emmons are not known as well, or should I say their influence itself on future designers is not well known to many of todays fans or participants.  Their history of DCI doesn’t go back 50 years.  Some get it, many may not.  IMO.

George Zingali, Steve Brubaker, John Brazale, Michael Gains, Ralph Pace, Marc Sylvester, Myron Rosander, Pete Weber

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2