Diesel shortages?

19 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Ugh, and I have to drive at least another 3,500 miles in the next two weeks as I've been moving cross country; about 1,700 miles in a diesel truck that gets 10 mpg, and then AROUND 1,700 miles back in a SUV that gets 20 mpg.

Good luck with your move.  I’m going to be completely honest with you.  It’s stressful and exhausting and unless a hurricane carries my ### out of here, I’m leaving this place feet first. No more moves for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Good luck with your move.  I’m going to be completely honest with you.  It’s stressful and exhausting and unless a hurricane carries my ### out of here, I’m leaving this place feet first. No more moves for me. 

I've lived in about 12 States, so yeah, I'm sick of moving. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this? Have any corps put out mentions of this and their plans?

On 5/18/2022 at 4:02 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I’m on the feet first plan too as just paid my place off. In a smaller ranch house and HC ramp to front door so (hopefully) set.

Actually shouldn’t laugh about feet first as that’s how the last male owner left. Was talking to town mayor and he was on EMS when it happened. “Wait a minute … I know your house…. have I got a story for you. Porch was overgrown and we almost flipped him out of the gurney when a wheel caught the bushes. Real three stooges stuff”. Place was fixer upper when we bought it. 🤪

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/17/2022 at 7:53 AM, Keith Hall said:

I can picture a corps (or more) on the road and all of a sudden, as diesel prices continue to climb, corps can't afford fuel and parents are called to come and get their kid. It could , and probably will, happen this summer. I hope they have the finances.

Any tour manager or corps director who gets the group out on the road without cash and reserves, including contingencies for rising prices, should get out of drum corps. I know things like this have happened in the past, and it's sometimes fun to tell those stories. But it's obviously irresponsible. Maybe even immature of anyone in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TenHut said:

$8 bucks a gallon in California. $5.50 here.  It's a d a m n shame. This could have been prevented. 

No, it hasn't changed  since 2007, only gotten worse.