Diesel shortages?

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Any tour manager or corps director who gets the group out on the road without cash and reserves, including contingencies for rising prices, should get out of drum corps. I know things like this have happened in the past, and it's sometimes fun to tell those stories. But it's obviously irresponsible. Maybe even immature of anyone in charge.

Agree.

And, I suspect there is at least a 50:50 chance that one or more Corps do it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Don’t know where $8 a gallon in Cali is coming from. LA it’s around $6.60 with diesel hovering around $6.65

There was one gas station shown on news article that was charging that but it was pretty clear they were an anomaly.  $6.60 is still pretty stinking high though.

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Any tour manager or corps director who gets the group out on the road without cash and reserves, including contingencies for rising prices, should get out of drum corps. I know things like this have happened in the past, and it's sometimes fun to tell those stories. But it's obviously irresponsible. Maybe even immature of anyone in charge.

Most, if not all, of the WC corps probably have reserves though I’d be surprised if none of them to call out to supporters to help cover the increase in fuel.  A shortage might be a bigger concern that prices for them.  I could see some open class corps struggling in particular.

• Sad 1

My flex fuel for my car is $3.40 a gallon. gets slightly lower milege on flex than gasoline but still saves money overall

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Romeo said:

Don’t know where $8 a gallon in Cali is coming from. LA it’s around $6.60 with diesel hovering around $6.65

I just payed $5.95 here in the Bay Area. Thank goodness my car gets between 50-56mpg depending on how much I drive in the city or on the freeway. 

On 5/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i don't think we'll hit 2008 levels because of some of the stuff put into place afterwards. But with pretty much every corps doing fewer shows than past years, that should help a little. But in 2007 and 2008 we had extremely high gas prices, and hell in 07 they went to Cali for finals.

Well past that friend. We are in 1980's inflation rates and you are quoting 2008. The fuel prices have well passed 2008 you were holding onto 2021 numbers not factoring real life 2022 numbers. Dream world. 

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

Only getting worse and you quote 2007 and 2008. Check back in August 2022

• Thanks 1