Diesel shortages?

I wish that we could see all the corps bank accounts and see which ones may be in trouble. I just hope that no kids are in camp or getting ready for camp only to find out that it just cost too much to take a corps on the road.   I thought DCI's recommendations a few years back suggesting 50k as an emergency fund was a little high, but now I hope that all the corps have that extra cushion since we don't know how high these costs will go.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I wish that we could see all the corps bank accounts and see which ones may be in trouble. I just hope that no kids are in camp or getting ready for camp only to find out that it just cost too much to take a corps on the road.   I thought DCI's recommendations a few years back suggesting 50k as an emergency fund was a little high, but now I hope that all the corps have that extra cushion since we don't know how high these costs will go.

I would far rather a Corps cancel tour after ST because the costs are prohibitive than have a Corps stuck somewhere out of fuel & out of funds.  

• Like 1

$4.61 at Sam’s Club here. It is the least expensive gasoline. $4.74 at the closest station from our house.   I’ve always been one to plan my trips to save gasoline and I’ve never been more happy that I have acquired that habit. 

I guess one solution would be for the corps to use "off road" diesel fuel.  Can you imagine their caravan pulling up to the single off road pump?  😁 

FYI: "off road" diesel fuel is non-taxed (cheaper) & for use only by agricultural, construction, industrial, & personal recreational vehicles.  It does contain a red dye & the fine or penalty is really high if you get caught.        

20 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I guess one solution would be for the corps to use "off road" diesel fuel.  Can you imagine their caravan pulling up to the single off road pump?  😁 

FYI: "off road" diesel fuel is non-taxed (cheaper) & for use only by agricultural, construction, industrial, & personal recreational vehicles.  It does contain a red dye & the fine or penalty is really high if you get caught.        

Ag diesel, or "off road" still is charged sales tax, just not gas tax....

• Like 1

Finished my cross country drive this past weekend.

I got gas at Sam's Club near Blue Springs, Missouri on Sunday for $3.89. Filled up again in Effingham, IL for $4.94 after a $.06 discount. Gas in Indiana has been about $5.00 per gallon.

Just thought I'd share....

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Ag diesel, or "off road" still is charged sales tax, just not gas tax....

Yup; that's what I meant.  Zero road taxes but still has all applicable sales taxes.

Someone commented in one of my bus groups that some state fines run up $10k. 😳  

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

In Texas ,,,,, I work for oil and gas today 5:25 welcome to the future party pal. 

dude was talking about 2007 and 2008 WE wish it was.

We’re breaking records now.  I heard it on the local news.