Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

On social media, without any confirmation, backup, nothing. 

Then perhaps 'Corporate SCV' should say something.  Surely they know that a change this big at this point of the season would create questions within the Drum Corps community.  Did they have press releases ready to go? Or did they not know, and are now behind the curve? (And don't call me Shirley) 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Then perhaps 'Corporate SCV' should say something.  Surely they know that a change this big at this point of the season would create questions within the Drum Corps community.  Did they have press releases ready to go? Or did they not know, and are now behind the curve? (And don't call me Shirley) 

Do you really think drum corps is that important that an official announcement is presented?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Do you really think drum corps is that important that an official announcement is presented?

It isn't going to be front page news on the Philadelphia Inquirer, but they should have known that within the Drum Corps world in particular and the marching arts world in general that this would be a big deal.  So, you get in front of it.  Not try to play catch-up like we have seen multiple times since the Hopacolypse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

It isn't going to be front page news on the Philadelphia Inquirer, but they should have known that within the Drum Corps world in particular and the marching arts world in general that this would be a big deal.  So, you get in front of it.  Not try to play catch-up like we have seen multiple times since the Hopacolypse. 

We have no confirmation of what happened.  Nothing except an original post from the poster and a link to the member concerned.  Also, the many comments on his FB post.    

DCP loves a controversy.  This website has been driven to the level of TMZ.  Time and time again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I love your term 'pageantry leech'.  But I am curious how you define the term.  Are all staff/instructors pageantry leeches?  Or is is a subset, and if so, how do you define the subset?

I think a lot of us have an idea of what the term means, but going forward it if we are going to throw the term around we probably need to have a more precise definition.

PS - as a biologist, I must point out that leeches are a type of worm and critical part of many natural ecosystems.  Let's not besmirch the leeches.

My Definitions of Pageantry Leeches:

1. Has affiliation with one or more verticals within the marching performing arts activity. a.k.a. Drum Corps Bum
2. A employee who has not achieved or completed the required years of creditable study and/or participation in order to earn the right/distinction to be called an educator. a.k.a. Clueless
3. Demonstrates a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for marching members and/or staff, an excessive need for admiration, and honestly greedy. a.k.a. Narcissist
4. Known to speak jargon, that is perceived as fashionable at the particular time or in a particular context that is incoherent and incomprehensible to those pretending to understand during rehearsal. a.k.a. Babbling idiot
5. Holding idiosyncratic beliefs of entitlement to receive payment for times spent on-a-mobile phone, traveling or commuting while on tour, sleeping and daydreaming.  a.k.a. Delusional

• Thanks 2