Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Did Jeff Fiedler and J.D Shaw get fired by SCV? 

I have a hunch Jeff was given the option based on many unconfirmed rumors swirling for, oh, 15 years or so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Monkeypox isn’t a new disease. The first confirmed human case was in 1970, when the virus was isolated from a child suspected of having smallpox in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Monkeypox is unlikely to cause another pandemic, but with the COVID-19 mindsets still present by many, fear of another major outbreak is understandable. 

honestly right now, i think stupidity is the largest issue in the world right now, and there's no cure.

• Haha 4

Jeff F- probably. JD- I don’t think so. 

• Thanks 1

Considering the fact that Blue Devils have already hired Matt Hartwell to be a part of their visual staff for the 2022 A Corps, I have to surmise that whatever happened at SCV definitely wasn't criminal in nature or incriminating in any way. 

Beyond that, the lack of hesitation before hiring him would seem to suggest that whatever did transpire wasn't enough to to give them reason to pause before making their hiring decision.  This may concur with Matt's statement that the 3rd party investigation found that the issues at hand were more systemic within the organization vs. a problem specifically with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

Considering the fact that Blue Devils have already hired Matt Hartwell to be a part of their visual staff for the 2022 A Corps, I have to surmise that whatever happened at SCV definitely wasn't criminal in nature or incriminating in any way. 

Beyond that, the lack of hesitation before hiring him would seem to suggest that whatever did transpire wasn't enough to to give them reason to pause before making their hiring decision.  This may concur with Matt's statement that the 3rd party investigation found that the issues at hand were more systemic within the organization vs. a problem specifically with him.

That makes sense! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

I’m not in the loop at all but I genuinely believe that BD runs a pretty tight ship. I think this may have been some kind of personality conflict with the new creative regime at SCV.   Nothing more or else BD wouldn’t have made this hire so quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What was this guy's great sin at SCV? I'm not a Facebookie. 

8 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I think someone higher up than him in the pecking order, really, REALLY didn’t like him.  Like someone told me fifty years ago, drum corps is a dictatorship.  Not a democracy.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Sad 1