Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

On 6/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It’s really good but Culver’s is pretty good, too.  I’ve never had whataburger. I do have a Culver’s right down the street in Hooterville or else I wouldn’t have moved here.

Culver's is the bomb. I miss Culver's - we don't have it out here.

• Like 1

Vanguard was sensational tonight. I think this show will be vying for the title. So much better than 2019 IMO. 

I agree with others that the musical book was great in 2019, but it was too one note. The whole show seemed to move at a moderate tempo. There was little tempo variation. It needed and explosive fast ending. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This show is gonna be a beast. Drumline criminally good. And their movement training is just, ugh. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job in the opener from SCV, imo.  I rewatched their opening show performances from 2017-2019, and honestly dont think their show performance earlier tonight was as complex, demanding, nor as creative, nor as well  executed as well as those years. However, it also appears to me that SCV was better prepared to open those seasons too, than here in 2022.   I'm pretty sure once SCV completes their show, and has time to clean and polish they will be formidable in the upper tier in DCI once again, as the marcher talent is still strong. Best of success this season to SCV.

• Like 1

First, I mean no disrespect to the members. Second, I love what drum corps are doing with uniforms these days. Brings the show to another level. 
But, the Vanguard uniform is awful. Looks they are wearing diapers.  What happened? The 2018 and 2019 uniforms were great. Someone dropped the ball here. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Vanguard was sensational tonight. I think this show will be vying for the title. So much better than 2019 IMO. 

I agree with others that the musical book was great in 2019, but it was too one note. The whole show seemed to move at a moderate tempo. There was little tempo variation. It needed and explosive fast ending. 

This show won’t come close to the title. Guaranteed. 

8 minutes ago, OldManCorpse said:

First, I mean no disrespect to the members. Second, I love what drum corps are doing with uniforms these days. Brings the show to another level. 
But, the Vanguard uniform is awful. Looks they are wearing diapers.  What happened? The 2018 and 2019 uniforms were great. Someone dropped the ball here. 

I distinctly remember people saying the 2018 and 2019 uniforms were awful and they look like they're wearing diapers. Funny how the times change so quickly 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I distinctly remember people saying the 2018 and 2019 uniforms were awful and they look like they're wearing diapers. Funny how the times change so quickly 

But you can tell that the corps isn’t even excited about them. In 2017, 2018 and 2019 the corps did a uniform reveal. And once again, I think those uniforms looked fantastic. This year nothing! They know they’ve messed up. I wish I knew how to post a photo here so I could show you a picture from their warm up. They look thrown together, and poorly sewed. 

25 minutes ago, OldManCorpse said:

ooo wah ah ah ah

19 minutes ago, OldManCorpse said:

But you can tell that the corps isn’t even excited about them. In 2017, 2018 and 2019 the corps did a uniform reveal. And once again, I think those uniforms looked fantastic. This year nothing! They know they’ve messed up. I wish I knew how to post a photo here so I could show you a picture from their warm up. They look thrown together, and poorly sewed. 

They aren't done yet. There is no way there isn't something under those uniforms. I actually love the white of the corps with the purple of the guard. It's much better than last year's disastrous color pallet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1