Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

👀😬

34 minutes ago, OldManCorpse said:

This show won’t come close to the title. Guaranteed. 

Obviously, someone has some bias against Vanguard. This show has the makings of being spectacular. It's right in line with their 2017 and 2018 products. It will challenge. Guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, OldManCorpse said:

First, I mean no disrespect to the members. Second, I love what drum corps are doing with uniforms these days. Brings the show to another level. 
But, the Vanguard uniform is awful. Looks they are wearing diapers.  What happened? The 2018 and 2019 uniforms were great. Someone dropped the ball here. 

You absolutely mean disrespect. If you didn't mean disrespect, you wouldn't even be here commenting on this thread. You're here to cause trouble. You're here to fire people up. You're here to disrespect a bunch of young kids that are working their butts off.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

You absolutely mean disrespect. If you didn't mean disrespect, you wouldn't even be here commenting on this thread. You're here to cause trouble. You're here to fire people up. You're here to disrespect a bunch of young kids that are working their butts off.

Why bull#### us? If you're going to disrespect someone/something have the balls to be honest about it. Now I am going to be disrespectful to you - you are completely clueless and incapable to recognizing a great design in the making. You have no idea what you are talking about. Either that, or you have some bias against Vanguard that you don't have the balls to admit.

I have a huge bias against Devils (I can admit it. I hate their success), but I can set that bias aside and marvel at their mastery and understand why they are so successful. You won't find me commenting on the BD thread this year because I have no place there, unless I am gushing over their show like I was in 2017.

He posted his opinion.  As is often the case in life, people on DCP have opinions we sometimes don't agree with. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, OldManCorpse said:

This show won’t come close to the title. Guaranteed. 

The show is so clearly modeled on 2018/2019, with a talented group of MM’s, that I dunno about that! 

For one thing, it’s arguably got a more coherent theme (Nirvana — transcendent state in Buddhism, and also the name of a legendary rock band, hence a show with Indian flair and a Nirvana song).  The visual design and body movement all pick up on strands of that; the inclusion of Nirvana’s music is clever and used throughout; and their marching technique is already pretty beautiful for June… Drumline speaks for itself. Once the hornline gets some power, I think it’ll really be clear that this year’s program is not to be underestimated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Continental said:

He posted his opinion.  As is often the case in life, people on DCP have opinions we sometimes don't agree with. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

In before close?  😁

Oh gosh, I should have kept my mouth shut. Shutting up now.

• Haha 1