Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Shockingly predictable! Never remorse for their actions, only sorry about being caught. Same old story, same old song and dance. IMO, one less pageantry leech. 

I don’t know, Poppy.  The Facebook post is vary vague.  It raises more questions (in my mind) than answers any questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I just don't understand playing everything in life on social media. Hope everyone finds peace. 

I get that part. Not defending the man’s actions (because I don’t know what actually happened) but it’s definitely better to jump out in front and try to control the narrative. If he said nothing, rumors would run amok and his silence would be taken as an admission of guilt in the court of public opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I get that part. Not defending the man’s actions (because I don’t know what actually happened) but it’s definitely better to jump out in front and try to control the narrative. If he said nothing, rumors would run amok and his silence would be taken as an admission of guilt in the court of public opinion. 

I’m not sure it was effective but we’ll agree to disagree. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I just don't understand playing everything in life on social media. Hope everyone finds peace. 

I hate Facebook and my account is so locked down with privacy settings, that Jim couldn’t even get into it if i dropped dead.

But they did send me a check for $397 yesterday because I signed onto the Illinois civil suit against them. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No idea what happened. But still going to comment that it is really tough to get all of this right. It may be that Vanguard is jumping the gun and poorly communicating. It may also be that Vanguard is jumping out in front of a situation and acting fast, as so many here and elsewhere have argued needs to be done in many cases. No idea.

Just tough. Certainly impossible to please everyone + act quickly, especially if someone's safety or health is an issue + be mindful of due process + be attentive to liability issues.

Edited by mjoakes
Grammar.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not sure it was effective but we’ll agree to disagree. 

I mean yeah people were going to talk about this regardless. But at least now he’s on record of telling his side of the story. Or at least his version of events. Otherwise, all we’d have is 100% speculation. 

• Confused 1