Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

I mean yeah people were going to talk about this regardless. But at least now he’s on record of telling his side of the story. Or at least his version of events. Otherwise, all we’d have is 100% speculation. 

I didn’t read anywhere about his version of what he did or didn’t do, only that they said his behavior was destructive to the organization. Share with me and help me understand his version. 

13 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I didn’t read anywhere about his version of what he did or didn’t do, only that they said his behavior was destructive to the organization. Share with me and help me understand his version. 

By “his version of events” I was only referring to what was said in his facebook post. Maybe not the best choice of words on my part since he kept that part pretty vague. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Shockingly predictable! Never remorse for their actions, only sorry about being caught. Same old story, same old song and dance. IMO, one less pageantry leech. 

You have already made yourself judge and jury. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This may be a good thing for SCV.  Many of us have griped for some time that Corps will retain staff because of their ability to produce competitively-successful shows, despite otherwise questionable behavior.

While we have one side of the story on Facebook, we do not see what SCV-leadership had that led to the dismissal.  However, if it was indeed 'communication-style issues with peers/colleagues' one would think that SCV could have addressed it earlier than a week before move-ins after a two-year hiatus.

But, reading between the lines, if it was some sort of inappropriate behavior then good on SCV for addressing the problem, regardless of the turmoil within the Corps at the beginning of a competitive season.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But, reading between the lines, if it was some sort of inappropriate behavior then good on SCV for addressing the problem, regardless of the turmoil within the Corps at the beginning of a competitive season.

"Reading between the lines" is so often coming up with an opinion, not based on fact, between the lines. 

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Shockingly predictable! Never remorse for their actions, only sorry about being caught. Same old story, same old song and dance. IMO, one less pageantry leech. 

I love your term 'pageantry leech'.  But I am curious how you define the term.  Are all staff/instructors pageantry leeches?  Or is is a subset, and if so, how do you define the subset?

I think a lot of us have an idea of what the term means, but going forward it if we are going to throw the term around we probably need to have a more precise definition.

PS - as a biologist, I must point out that leeches are a type of worm and critical part of many natural ecosystems.  Let's not besmirch the leeches.

• Like 1