2022 Blue Knights

xaOKA7B.jpghttps://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=556966369125632&id=100044368212106&sfnsn=mo

This seemed to sneak past everyone today, and it looks like we'll have the full show on Friday! 

This repertoire definitely seems very different for the Denver corps, a bit more upbeat than what we've been used to. 

Edited by FaustianMachine

2021 was my first year ever of enjoying BK. I don't know why, but they've never really grabbed me, going all the way back to the 70's.  That horn line just wowed me last year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

2021 was my first year ever of enjoying BK. I don't know why, but they've never really grabbed me, going all the way back to the 70's.  That horn line just wowed me last year.

Hey, maybe that is a sign of something special to come

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I would highly recommend going back and revisiting some of their shows now that you’ve been wowed. That ‘21 horn line didn’t come out of nowhere 😉

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I would highly recommend going back and revisiting some of their shows now that you’ve been wowed. That ‘21 horn line didn’t come out of nowhere 😉

Fair point, Brian. That was one of my favorite things about 2021 - I actually enjoyed most every corps out there from top to bottom. Perhaps in the non-competitive environment, my glasses weren't as shaded as in other times. I tend to "meh, they've never impressed me" sometimes and not give corps a full and open listen. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Fair point, Brian. That was one of my favorite things about 2021 - I actually enjoyed most every corps out there from top to bottom. Perhaps in the non-competitive environment, my glasses weren't as shaded as in other times. I tend to "meh, they've never impressed me" sometimes and not give corps a full and open listen. 

That is something I like about last year. It was just pure fun. And surprisingly I felt like most corps improved because of it. 

Just have some fun lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I’m guilty of not giving a couple corps a fair listen especially if I’ve been sitting through quarter and semi-finals. Fatigue sets in. 
BK has one of my favorite brass sounds. The best way I can describe it is crisp and refreshing.

• Like 2

I personally loved BK 2019 show and would highly recommend that you give it another watch, as its musically one of the best shows of 2019 imo.  So much thickness their sound wise, and I think if they had better visual package they would have been more competitive with BAC. This is not a knock to BAC as their show was great, but rather how strong BK brass book was.  Their version of liquid and hurt was just impeccable.

• Like 3