Jump to content

2022 Blue Knights


Recommended Posts

xaOKA7B.jpghttps://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=556966369125632&id=100044368212106&sfnsn=mo

 

This seemed to sneak past everyone today, and it looks like we'll have the full show on Friday! 

 

This repertoire definitely seems very different for the Denver corps, a bit more upbeat than what we've been used to. 

Edited by FaustianMachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about BK. I'm hoping they rock it this summer!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2021 was my first year ever of enjoying BK. I don't know why, but they've never really grabbed me, going all the way back to the 70's.  That horn line just wowed me last year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

2021 was my first year ever of enjoying BK. I don't know why, but they've never really grabbed me, going all the way back to the 70's.  That horn line just wowed me last year.

Hey, maybe that is a sign of something special to come

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is definitely a VIBE

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

2021 was my first year ever of enjoying BK. I don't know why, but they've never really grabbed me, going all the way back to the 70's.  That horn line just wowed me last year.

I would highly recommend going back and revisiting some of their shows now that you’ve been wowed. That ‘21 horn line didn’t come out of nowhere 😉

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I would highly recommend going back and revisiting some of their shows now that you’ve been wowed. That ‘21 horn line didn’t come out of nowhere 😉

Fair point, Brian. That was one of my favorite things about 2021 - I actually enjoyed most every corps out there from top to bottom. Perhaps in the non-competitive environment, my glasses weren't as shaded as in other times. I tend to "meh, they've never impressed me" sometimes and not give corps a full and open listen. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Fair point, Brian. That was one of my favorite things about 2021 - I actually enjoyed most every corps out there from top to bottom. Perhaps in the non-competitive environment, my glasses weren't as shaded as in other times. I tend to "meh, they've never impressed me" sometimes and not give corps a full and open listen. 

That is something I like about last year. It was just pure fun. And surprisingly I felt like most corps improved because of it. 

Just have some fun lol

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Fair point, Brian. That was one of my favorite things about 2021 - I actually enjoyed most every corps out there from top to bottom. Perhaps in the non-competitive environment, my glasses weren't as shaded as in other times. I tend to "meh, they've never impressed me" sometimes and not give corps a full and open listen. 

I’m guilty of not giving a couple corps a fair listen especially if I’ve been sitting through quarter and semi-finals. Fatigue sets in. 
BK has one of my favorite brass sounds. The best way I can describe it is crisp and refreshing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally loved BK 2019 show and would highly recommend that you give it another watch, as its musically one of the best shows of 2019 imo.  So much thickness their sound wise, and I think if they had better visual package they would have been more competitive with BAC. This is not a knock to BAC as their show was great, but rather how strong BK brass book was.  Their version of liquid and hurt was just impeccable.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...