How Many....

2 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

It's probably about time to combine open and world. 

I don't think that would happen as that changes the performance fee structure for the corps and perhaps the pool allocation as well.  We already had a huge riff about that several years ago at a higher level in the food chain. It was also my understanding from what I read that the open-class corps like having their own division. 

9 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

So that semis and finals are more competitive. 

open and world are not set by competitive strata. it's set by financials

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

open and world are not set by competitive strata. it's set by financials

I'll be getting a closer look at how open class operates in two weeks. One of the corps is doing a 2 week stint twenty minutes away from me and I'm going to check out their rehearsals. I'll get back to you on this one because I don't know much about open class

8 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I'll be getting a closer look at how open class operates in two weeks. One of the corps is doing a 2 week stint twenty minutes away from me and I'm going to check out their rehearsals. I'll get back to you on this one because I don't know much about open class

Like it was said before. Nothing to do with the talent of the corps. Or how they structure rehearsals. 

The first DCI was one class.  Everyone was in the same bag.  Then, they had class A and all-girl for a while.  Aftervthat, there was Division II/III which all-in-all, was a good format but I don’t think there are enough corps now to support it.  I think they should probably leave well enough alone now because drum corps is in recovery mode at this time.  Just my $.2.

I don’t think expanding membership at this time was a good idea but we’ll see how it plays out. 

13 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I was involved with the BoD for one - happy to answer any question you still have afterwards!

Mike

15 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

how a rehearsal is run won't show you everything you need to see about the financials.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The first DCI was one class.  Everyone was in the same bag.  Then, they had class A and all-girl for a while.  Aftervthat, there was Division II/III which all-in-all, was a good format but I don’t think there are enough corps now to support it.  I think they should probably leave well enough alone now because drum corps is in recovery mode at this time.  Just my $.2.

I don’t think expanding membership at this time was a good idea but we’ll see how it plays out. 

making it all one class will kill corps.

• Like 3