How Many....

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, what do you expect when the governing organization controls everything based on past contest placement?  Everything including money, access to shows, performance order, marketing... even the locations of souvenir stands.  (And the voting power to make their advantages permanent.)

That system turns the prevailing contest placement order into a permanent hierarchy.

When any activity offers the assurance that its best contestants will appear at a certain time, that is when its bigger audience will show up. 

this is the chicken or egg thing. . Put butts in seats, show support, put $$$$ behind it and there's no choice but to.   take notice. There's just so much whining one can do then not support what one whines about. There has to be leverage to get all those things.

AS far as time " IF the bigger corps were put on at 7am and the smaller at night you can rest assure people would get to the early show then use an excuse about getting home early. JMO

Belive me I get it with all you said and youre right

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and fewer people would sit for 12 hours to watch drum corps. i would but i'm sick like that

The problem for me at prelims from 8 or 9am til 10 or 11pm is needing a couple of short naps during the intermissions.  I think Lucas Oil could use a few sets of sleeping pods to rent.  💤

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Youre right but I think there would be alot more consideration IF support was obvious. DCI wouldnt have a choice. There are shows on tour that people show up only to see the larger corps. Magically the stands fill up. This is not a recent problem. Even in the days of more local shows it wasn;t much better. 

WC lower corps have also sufferend to the lot, which I still don't get

well lets be honest, the OC tour doesnt exactly hit populated areas. 

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well lets be honest, the OC tour doesnt exactly hit populated areas. 

Well thats true, the same  of many WC areas. Ive been in places that corn fields for miles can be seen around the field...lol..Often wondered...." WHY" 

Edited by GUARDLING

9 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Well thats true, the same  of many WC areas. Ive been in places that corn fields for miles can be seen around the field...lol..Often wondered...." WHY" 

D9 they still have the Metamora show?  Talk about the middle of nowhere…

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

D9 they still have the Metamora show?  Talk about the middle of nowhere…

In my younger years , I have dated  a Dora , Nora , and a Flora . Pretty sure I have anyway . But I never Metamora . 😄( drum roll and single cymbal crash please ) . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Neither does WC.  I would need to drive 7+ hrs one-way to nearest show.  Tour is in a rut - regionals always in same order & ending in Indy

I’d have to go to Atlanta. 

• Like 1