How Many....

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree.  They should stand fast now.  I still think 165 members is probably ill-advised at this time but we’ll see. 

sadly we will see it go higher yet. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sadly we will see it go higher yet. 

Boo hiss. 

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Boo hiss. 

it's been made clear for years it was a goal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's been made clear for years it was a goal

You remember.  Years ago, the goal was to have six “supercorps”.  It was widely discussed on RAMD.    It’s not like they were denying it. 

I would actually be surprised if they raised the membership limit again...if only because of the bus situation.  Today's coaches have a max seating capacity of 55, and the idea of raising the limit from the prior 155 was that the corps had to lease 3 member coaches anyway, so why not max that number out? Obviously, 55 x 3= 165.  I don’t see any corps voting to raise the limit any time soon by 10, 20, or even 40 members because it would necessitate having to pay for a 4th coach.  I really don't see any evil scheme at work here; more like just tweaking an efficiency on what is the corps' single largest expense.

29 minutes ago, craiga said:

I would actually be surprised if they raised the membership limit again...if only because of the bus situation.  Today's coaches have a max seating capacity of 55, and the idea of raising the limit from the prior 155 was that the corps had to lease 3 member coaches anyway, so why not max that number out? Obviously, 55 x 3= 165.  I don’t see any corps voting to raise the limit any time soon by 10, 20, or even 40 members because it would necessitate having to pay for a 4th coach.  I really don't see any evil scheme at work here; more like just tweaking an efficiency on what is the corps' single largest expense.

While true, they could always get a smaller 4th bus☺️   May be an image of road and text that says 'የ Tal ĐI'

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

You remember.  Years ago, the goal was to have six “supercorps”.  It was widely discussed on RAMD.    It’s not like they were denying it. 

then it changed to 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

then it changed to 7.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.  I still think you can put a fork in open class.  Maybe not this year but over time.  

Edited by Terri Schehr