Quick question about being vaccinated

18 minutes ago, Moz said:

Do you guys genuinely not have an app where you can save your vaccination status in your virtual "wallet" ?! 🙆‍♂️ Certainly do here in the UK

We have several disparate and incompatible apps that I'd gather many people do not use because they're onerous and proprietary to try and setup. I got my vaccinations at different pharmacies ( apothecaries), and tried to use one of the applications, and it couldn't find all of my injections. I used 2 Walmarts in different states, and a local mom and pop pharmacy.

Many people just take pictures of the current cards, front and back. Seems to work.

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Mine is a piece of heavy paper that doesn’t fit in the wallet. Wouldn’t last too long as can’t laminate it. Have that with other important stuff at the house. Hoping a cell phone pic will be allowed if I need to show:

I attend a Detroit Symphony Orchestra series, and requirements have changed during the season. I always need proof of vaccination (pics on my phone are accepted), but sometimes masks are required, sometimes they are optional. Once we weren’t able to bring cocktails into the auditorium because masks had to be worn 100% of the time (for  some reason I liked that concert the least). I have a concert on Thursday, and masks are optional. Yay, cocktails with Mozart!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I

I don't see that happening anymore. I think we are now up to individual status and self responsibility. I'm not as fearful as I use to be because I did all I wanted to be protected. Covid is hear to stay. 

Kind of like a bad cold or nagging mother-in-law?  :spitting:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I got rid of my cell phone like Larry David & just fake it:

Positively brilliant.

Have you noticed how many people now experience live performances (like concerts, guard shows and sports events)  at which they are physically present by literally watching them on their cell phone screens?

I think there should be an official diagnosis for this behavior.

As for someone holding a cell phone conversation near me at a drum corps show during a performance...let's just say I may go full New York on the individual. (I'm certain that's diagnosable, too.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, ironlips said:

Positively brilliant.

Have you noticed how many people now experience live performances (like concerts, guard shows and sports events)  at which they are physically present by literally watching them on their cell phone screens?

I think there should be an official diagnosis for this behavior.

As for someone holding a cell phone conversation near me at a drum corps show during a performance...let's just say I may go full New York on the individual. (I'm certain that's diagnosable, too.)

Yup; I think this is my favorite Larry David scene.  @1:43, the "milk in coffee" scene...

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JohnZ said:

1.  Fixed the title for you.

2. The policy will be determined by the venue.  Just a quick look at the major venues, most if not all have removed their COVID documentation requirements. But I would suggest checking with each one according to your planned attendance as this may be subject to change.

3.  We'll keep this thread open, hopefully as a central point to collect information on each event location, PROVIDED it stays within the Forum guidelines.  

4.  Fingers and toes crossed

I am hopeful we can finally enjoy a great and entertaining summer together

Btw, thank you for fixing the title. I was actually at work and I wanted to post this thread as quickly as possible.