2022 Mandarins

They were so #### hot last night at Stanford. Thank You Mandarins! The crowd went bonkers. The elation on the kids' faces at the end was magical. Great job kids and staff!!

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 7

Mandarin at Stanford was insane!! Holy Moly, I cannot wait to see that show again!  My bf came home from work on Monday asking to see a video of the performance..he couldn’t get it out of his head.  He has never caught the Drum Corps bug before…thank you Mandarins!!

Seeing it on video does not do it justice…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Things will change dramatically once all the corps are together.  As long as I can remember west coast scores have always been higher this time of year with the exception of BD and Santa Clara.  I betting Mandarins will be top 9 at the end of the year.  Cool show!

So what's going to change "Dramatically?"

• Like 1

Things will change dramatically once all the corps are together.  As long as I can remember west coast scores have always been higher this time of year with the exception of BD and Santa Clara.  I betting Mandarins will be top 9 at the end of the year.  Cool show!

So if West Coast scores were inflated for all but BD and SCV, you're basically saying the MANDARINS scores are always higher. 🙄😂

• Like 2

I’m sorry Mandarins’ score was higher than Phantom’s last night (at different shows), which really jeopardizes that 4th place finish for Phantom that you predicted. But it’s a weird flex to come into a corps’ individual thread just to diminish the great season they’re having but then trying to disguise it with a compliment at the end. Did that help ease your anxiety over where Phantom will end up by season’s end? 🙄

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just had to jump in and say WOW this show is starting to cook.  The vocal stuff has gotten sooooooooooo much better, I was very skeptical at first but I’m totally bought in now.  Being a featured singer like that is a tough role to take on.  So much of the success/failure of that kind of performer falls on the design staff.  I don’t think any of those performers are ever not talented, just depends on how they’re utilized that leads to their success.  

Keep it up Mandarins.  Can’t wait to see this one on the road.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Curious...........Phantom Regiment has came to the west coast probably more than any other corps from Midwest/East Coast over the last 15 years. 

Was you screaming West coast inflation when they were putting up respectable scores?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I’m sorry Mandarins’ score was higher than Phantom’s last night (at different shows), which really jeopardizes that 4th place finish for Phantom that you predicted. But it’s a weird flex to come into a corps’ individual thread just to diminish the great season they’re having but then trying to disguise it with a compliment at the end. Did that help ease your anxiety over where Phantom will end up by season’s end? 🙄

Any credibility phantombari had was shot to #### the minute he had Phantom in 4th and BAC in 11th (or it could have been 9th) I believe it was.

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1