2022 Mandarins

1 hour ago, JohnDF said:

I'm looking forward to watching the Fresno show on Flo.

I can't wait to see their changes and improvements to an already very entertaining show.

Two additions I've heard about: they finally secured a guitarist, and the jackets for the corps proper finally came in (although whether or not they had time to tailor them is yet to be seen).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brassboy said:

Two additions I've heard about: they finally secured a guitarist, and the jackets for the corps proper finally came in (although whether or not they had time to tailor them is yet to be seen).

Very cool, can't wait to see those additions. 🤠🤙

Very little activity here, but I'll post up when I feel the need. 😀

Last night, the Sacramento Show, was amazing. Once again they put on a show that got a standing ovation and is becoming a crowd/fan favorite. I know they love that and I'm super excited for them. Win, lose, or draw, I can tell they are all having fun and marching their butts off.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JohnDF said:

Very little activity here, but I'll post up when I feel the need. 😀

Last night, the Sacramento Show, was amazing. Once again they put on a show that got a standing ovation and is becoming a crowd/fan favorite. I know they love that and I'm super excited for them. Win, lose, or draw, I can tell they are all having fun and marching their butts off.

I am not ruling Mandarins out of a 6th or 7th place finish. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am not ruling Mandarins out of a 6th or 7th place finish. 

It’s absolutely incredible that they’ve maintained staying only tenths behind BD and SCV in TOTAL visual scores lately (last night they were only 0.5 behind SCV in total visual score). The crucial element is going to be how much they’ll be able to tighten up their musical presentation. Their music numbers are holding them back from a near-certain Top 7 finish. Hopefully they’ll get some great sectional time over the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

OMG. I saw them live and fell completely head over heels. They had me at the equipment push-on. I am a rare type of DCI fan who loves huge, over-the-top props, so naturally I loved it. It's amazing how many different things they could do with what is essentially a climbing structure and abstract art. I love the uniforms too. Partially because I love the macabre, partially because it makes me think of Nero the Sable. I'm hoping for high placement for Mandarins this year!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

DCI just published an article and accompanying video today about the Mandarins 2022 program and season. It includes a bit of explanation about the program’s concept (in case anyone is still unsure), and the video features interviews with two of the drum majors.

https://www.dci.org/news/mandarins-entering-new-territory-enjoying-early-steps-of-22-tour

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mandarins... I just want to say.  I LOVE YOU.

It feels like it's been so long since I've seen a show live and Mandarins were the first (and only show) to floor me.

That ending had me tear up a bit.  Reminded me so much of that mello sustain by Vanguard in their championship show.  Based on the scores, they are poised to place decently high in Finals.

Hands down, best show of the night.  I arrived just before intermission.

THANK YOU MANDARINS!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stanford was the last show I'll get to see live this year. It was worth the three hour drive down to watch it.

The Mandarins' show just keeps getting better and better. The crowd went absolutely insane for it and everybody is really enjoying it... it's so entertaining. I hope they have fun and success as they bring the show to the rest of the country.

Good luck Mandarins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1