2022 Mandarins

3 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Any credibility phantombari had was shot to #### the minute he had Phantom in 4th and BAC in 11th (or it could have been 9th) I believe it was.

It was 9th. He had Mandarins 11th. To his credit, he did post a revision recently that is a little more reasonable, but yeah... this guy. 🙄

• Like 1

It was someone else who had Cavies in 11th.  

But yeah.

Predictions are always fun. 

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1

This mandarins show is fun right up to the point where the singing begins. Don’t get me wrong, the dude has some serious talent and a beautiful voice, I just have little to no tolerance for full fledged singing in a drum corps show. I felt similarly about Session 44. 

Wishing Mandarins all the best this season, it’s nice to have some fresh blood in the top 12 

• Confused 2

Tears are so delicious sometimes...Its no secret that west coast scores over the course of history especially for the top corps have been inflated, but always level out when all the corps are together. It hasn't effected the top west coast corps for the most part but impacts those below them.  I'm not saying the Mandarins don't have a great show but I expect the separation will occur when all the corps are together.

The anger is amusing at best...My prediction was updated as promised and I stand by that prediction.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

Tears are so delicious sometimes...Its no secret that west coast scores over the course of history especially for the top corps have been inflated, but always level out when all the corps are together. It hasn't effected the top west coast corps for the most part but impacts those below them.  I'm not saying the Mandarins don't have a great show but I expect the separation will occur when all the corps are together.

The anger is amusing at best...My prediction was updated as promised and I stand by that prediction.  

No one is angry. People just question why someone would visit a corps' thread just to say "you're being scored too high". No one else would do that, so that's why you got called out. 

• Like 3

Let's go Mandarins! 👏 3rd place is a huge leap up for them

On 7/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, Chief Guns said:

So what's going to change "Dramatically?"

All the corps that weren't out West will have score jumps to fit into the West coast corps...

13 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

All the corps that weren't out West will have score jumps to fit into the West coast corps...

I think the jumps are going to be less for some once they start going head to head with people in their area. It's just so hard to judge open, bottom world, mid world, and top of world. Midwest seems to be the most consistent with the majority of groups being mid finalist to borderline finalist. East coast and west coast have been a wide range from top to bottom.