Why does D.C.I. allow warm ups while another corps is performing?

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think you’re right.  But they won anyway.

They should be drummed out of DCI. The criminals. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

I've often been at shows where the performing corps show is interrupted by music being played by another corps waiting to go on, thus distracting from the performing corps...This is particularly annoying when the performing corps is playing a ballad...I'm sure I'm not alone with this observation...So, is this just the way it is or can something be done to avert this conflict?

the show host can work on the logistics so the corps are warming up far enough away that the sound shouldn't affect the actual competition field.

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think you’re right.  But they won anyway.

Crossmen almost missed finals because of it. I thought Boston was due to baby powder that left a cloud and residue

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Crossmen almost missed finals because of it. I thought Boston was due to baby powder that left a cloud and residue

tumblr_mrjyj8QQ5X1rp2wrdo1_500.gifv

LOL

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Boston did receive a penalty at Quarterfinals in 2013 for the use of baby powder at their Quarterfinals performance.  They abandoned it for Semi's and Finals performance as a result. In 2014 at Championships, performing their show " Animal Farm " they ended their show with a guard member displaying this in her right hand...May be an image of 1 person

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I seem to recall BD in recent memory getting a penalty for not being in the proper warm-up area...

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Not sure . ‘Might have .  I think BD might have been penalized for this a few years ago . Maybe others can confirm ( or correct me ) on this . 

I recall a met or 'Dr. Beat' violation in Military Park?  It was one of the "blue" corps I think.  Can't use the met due to the offices & businesses around the park.  That's why Roger Carter (Bluecoats) uses a mini drum kit to 'groove' with the battery.  And it's 'way' cool... 😎

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

18 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I recall a met or 'Dr. Beat' violation in Military Park?  It was one of the "blue" corps I think.  Can't use the met due to the offices & businesses around the park.  That's why Roger Carter (Bluecoats) uses a mini drum kit to 'groove' with the battery.  And it's 'way' cool... 😎

yeah that was BD. dropped them to 4th i think at prelims or semis?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah that was BD. dropped them to 4th i think at prelims or semis?

It was prelims because it happened during the theater broadcast and everyone was shocked. 

• Like 3