Why does D.C.I. allow warm ups while another corps is performing?

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

It was prelims because it happened during the theater broadcast and everyone was shocked. 

Yes... it was 2015. BD was penalized at Quarterfinals for warming up outside the stadium in a restricted area off limits to corps. it put them in 4th. they crawled back from that hole to finish 2nd at Semi Finals, then won it all on Finals Night.

Crossmen, same year, were tagged with a 1.4 penalty at Semi Finals that left them less than a tenth ahead of Troopers in 13th. Thats how close the penalty came for costing them a spot in Finals. The Crossmen 1.4 penalty was for an overtime in performance at Semi's.    https://www.dci.org/news/spotlight-of-the-week-2015-crossmen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes... it was 2015. BD was penalized at Quarterfinals for warming up outside the stadium in a restricted area off limits to corps. it put them in 4th. they crawled back from that hole to finish 2nd at Semi Finals, then won it all on Finals Night.

Crossmen, same year, were tagged with a 1.4 penalty at Semi Finals that left them less than a tenth ahead of Troopers in 13th. Thats how close the penalty came for costing them a spot in Finals. The Crossmen 1.4 penalty was for an overtime in performance at Semi's.    https://www.dci.org/news/spotlight-of-the-week-2015-crossmen

ok then there was a different year Crossmens tenors warmed up where they shouldnt and they were penalized

14 hours ago, FTNK said:

am I old now

Until something on or in your body hurts, every, friggin' day, you ain't squat. 🤣

• Haha 4

Boston took a 1 point penalty in Semis in 2019.  I believe it was a warmup violation.  Not that it really mattered. Cavaliers had already run them down in the last stretch of the season, and were comfortably ahead of them at that point. Cavaliers took a 0.30 point penalty the night before for a front ensemble member stepping over the front yellow line. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:23 PM, Boss Anova said:

I completely forgot about that.

Ironically, I knew they were going to win when I flew to CA to visit my cousin. I talked her into driving me to a practice site. They sounded incredibly good. 

• Like 1

It's bad at Allentown every year.

48 minutes ago, frachel said:

It's bad at Allentown every year.

everyone needs to put down to the far end of the park, but because of some housing locations, it doesnt work that way, causing the issue.