Corps at the Crest

I'm amazed that no one from the west coast started this thread! Less than a month until the season starts! WOOOOOOOOO! YEEEES!

World Class:

The Academy 

Mandrains 

Pacific Crest 

Santa Vanguard 

Open Class:

Gold

Golden Empire 

Impulse 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I arrive home from a conference mid-evening Friday, which means I can catch this on Flo without hanging around a long time for the PT start.

Anyone here on DCP going to be there live?

7 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I arrive home from a conference mid-evening Friday, which means I can catch this on Flo without hanging around a long time for the PT start.

Anyone here on DCP going to be there live?

I will be there. My son marches Gold. Saw them and PC last night at the exhibition. Gold's brass will put a smile on a lot of faces this summer. 

PC is small this year in brass. But what they lack in numbers they make up in sound. They are fierce. The 4th movement of their show they did standstill, but it's at 208 bpm, so when they add the drill, lookout. PC's drumline might be the best they ever had. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did someone say they’re  going to replay with audio the next day now?  Because I just can’t make it through the three hour time difference.  I’ll be 💤 😴 🛌 

That’s what Flo said in that article. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I will be there. My son marches Gold. Saw them and PC last night at the exhibition. Gold's brass will put a smile on a lot of faces this summer. 

PC is small this year in brass. But what they lack in numbers they make up in sound. They are fierce. The 4th movement of their show they did standstill, but it's at 208 bpm, so when they add the drill, lookout. PC's drumline might be the best they ever had. 

That's great!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I will be there also. My son marches Gold. Saw them and PC last night at the exhibition. Gold's brass will put a smile on a lot of faces this summer. 

I Can't wait to see both groups!  My son marched Gold as a 15 year old. He really enjoyed his experience there.  (He's since been with The Academy and now PC for the past 2 years).

PC had a few kids out due to illness and also kids that were late to camp because of school, but you're right,  the Brass is smaller. The corps lost quite a few members to other corps that historically contend for the title so the group is on the younger side. 

Edited by Metalbinky
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

I Can't wait to see both groups!  My son marched Gold as a 15 year old. He really enjoyed his experience there.  (He's since been with The Academy and now PC for the past 2 years).

PC had a few kids out due to illness and also kids that were late to camp because of school, but you're right,  the Brass is smaller. The corps lost quite a few members to other corps that historically contend for the title so the group is on the younger side. 

Which is rather sad to see across many corps, not just PC. But ultimately it is the members’ choice to go where they please.

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Which is rather sad to see across many corps, not just PC. But ultimately it is the members’ choice to go where they please.

Absolutely.  My kid is no exception.  As an inspiring music educator he looks at each opportunity as a chance to broaden his education. But he has said he wants to age out with Pacific Crest in 3 years as he REALLY appreciates the staff and how they treat the members

• Like 4