Corps at the Crest

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh yeah.  I’d sweat bullets for 11 minutes.  It was much more enjoyable to watch him in the Marching Illini, 😂. I think I would have been okay if I’d been a regular old mom but I marched myself.  Made me crazy. 

Well I am a regular old dad. I just dropped him off at rehearsal and I am about to go crazy lol. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I thought I was ready last night. Woke up this morning and I am a nervous wreck lol. First DCI show for my son. So excited for him but nervous at the same time.

I hope everyone enjoys all the shows tonight. BUT....................all of you can root and cheer just a tad louder for Gold LMAO. 

GO GET'EM GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes for your son! What an awesome adventure for you too! Wish I was there to see your joy tonight as your son marches in his first DCI contest!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, g00fyg00ber said:

Most excited for Mandarins! They really ramped things up at the end of the 2010s - always looking for new competitors in that top 8. :smile:

Hoping for a moment like they had in their 2021 production @7:22.  (Don't know the title)  That movement was a lot of fun in the blast zone with their drum major!

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Best wishes for your son! What an awesome adventure for you too! Wish I was there to see your joy tonight as your son marches in his first DCI contest!

Thank you! Very much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I thought I was ready last night. Woke up this morning and I am a nervous wreck lol. First DCI show for my son. So excited for him but nervous at the same time.

I hope everyone enjoys all the shows tonight. BUT....................all of you can root and cheer just a tad louder for Gold LMAO. 

GO GET'EM GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

I had this moment 5 years ago with my son marching his first DCI show with the Cavaliers. I was WAY more nervous than he ever seemed to be. He aged out last year and will be with me in the stands Tuesday night in Detroit. Don't blink! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

GO GET'EM GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

You can count on it Chief. Happy for you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I have to agree. I know many have put BD and SCV I number one and two. BD being the powerhouse is no great prediction, but SCV could be another matter. They will have a new visual staff and the departures of previous staff were said to be less than peaceful. How this will impact the rest of the staff, not to mention marching members remains to be see. 

Yeah. I look for the best from them regardless, whatever that best may be.

9 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I had this moment 5 years ago with my son marching his first DCI show with the Cavaliers. I was WAY more nervous than he ever seemed to be. He aged out last year and will be with me in the stands Tuesday night in Detroit. Don't blink! 

That's awesome congrats to your son on his DCI career. Yea you speak the truth though. I am a nervous wreck, my son is just chilling like it's another day lol. 

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

That's awesome congrats to your son on his DCI career. Yea you speak the truth though. I am a nervous wreck, my son is just chilling like it's another day lol. 

Though it's not a "first DCI show" story, it was very early in his first year that I spoke to him after a show and he was unusually quiet. About the third time I asked him "Did you have a good run?" he said "Honestly Dad, no. On the very first "horns up" I flipped my mouthpiece out of the horn and off into the night and marched the whole show without playing". 

After that, he was STILL chill at pre-show...but he did put an extra twist on the mouthpiece. What's funny ( and I wish I could find it), was the Cavaliers media team released a video about a week later and there was a shot from inside the brass huddle outside a show with a staffer yelling..."All right men...let's get 'em!  HAS EVERYONE GOT THEIR MOUTHPIECES IN?! "  My wife and I got an extra chuckle out of that. 

When it's all over and he's sitting next to you in the stands again instead of being on the field...he's gonna have a lot of funny stories. 🙂 

• Like 1