Covid in Corps Summer 22

Thread on Reddit (so it may or may not be true) reports Covid cases (or positive tests) in SCV & Crown.

Has DCI promulgated any activity-wide rules on Covid for this season?  I know there were all kinds of rules in summer 21 - do those automatically apply in 2022?  Or is it left up to each Corps?

Poking around the DCI web site I don't see anything.

No clue on anything official, but surely by now we're in the just use the best common sense for your organization phase of things. 

• Like 3

I hope that they have good safety practices.  If it were to become widespread in many corps it could make the housing situation even more difficult.

i would hope every corps has some protocols in place just in case

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is now a good time to revisit this thread?  Not liking this article.  I just had three more family members test positive & some are in quarantine.  This is another reason why PR installed their no visitor policy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-worst-version-of-covid-is-spreading-can-we-update-our-vaccines-in-time-131933423.html

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

seems alot of this going around lately. From what I have seen the vaxed are getting it also but not  sick for very long. I'm sure for some it wasn't good. I guess depends on many factors.,.BUT contagious. I also know many people  and just lately.😷

• Like 1

Gold and PC did their exhibition show reveals together back on the 18th. As the evening went along i was wondering why the corps were cheering and talking from a distance. My son told me later that night PC had an Covid outbreak, and the Gold members had to stay away from them. I pray every night that the PC kids and all of the performers and staff from all corps are ok this summer. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 6

I recently got it after over two years of somehow never being infected.  Fully vaxed and one booster.  Was still crappy to go through.  Thought I was getting a mild stroke one night as I was numb on my limbs on one side of the body.  Had to go to ER for that and get an MRI done.  Then once I was released, winded up severely choking in my sleep. Went to the ER again within 24 hours and they kept me overnight for observation. I have some underlying health conditions and undiagnosed sleep apnea.  This virus does not mess around and I am glad we put in the safety measures at our district and still have them in place where many places have made it a free-for-all due to politics.   

Sending blessings to all the corps and their staff out there this summer.  Rest of you take care as well.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1