Covid in Corps Summer 22

33 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am glad you are healthy and well now brother. That is truly a blessing.

Besides I need you around. Who else is going to give me crap about BD? LMAO. 

...and LOVE for Gold!

Man, Gold is climbing up PC's backside and those TUBAS! I am loving their show!

I'm very interested in seeing these changes from Blue Devils! I hope their members stay healthy!

I know there have been some Covid cases in Boston and other corps, so I hope all the corps do well with Covid.

Edited by jjeffeory
Fixing usual typos
  • Like 3

I'm glad the corps are taking this seriously.  I whole-heartedly approve the aggressive position and messaging that Phantom just took as well.  

And to all of you here who have had it, I'm thankful you have recovered or are doing so now.

And I agree, that its likely never going away.  Hopefully the science continues to advance to at least continue to combat the severe symptoms.

The health & safety of the entire extended drum corps family are in my thoughts.

Harvey

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

...and LOVE for Gold!

Man, Gold is climbing up PC's backside and those TUBAS! I am loving their show!

I'm very interested in seeing these changes from Blue Devils! I hope their members stay healthy!

I know there have been some Covid cases in Boston and other corps, so I hope all the corps do well with Covid.

Yea brother the Gold kids are super pumped that they are catching PC. It's motivating them. 

Last Friday they were nearly five points behind PC. The gap is now 1.9. 

Talked to my son last night, Gold is making changes to the show, and they are working on getting the drum break and closer onto the field hopefully next week.

Also look for a Tuba Trio part in the show, my son got moved into that trio. Super proud of him. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm glad you're well.

I think I've had it several times, but I think I got it first in Las Vegas a couple months before the outbreak was announced on the news in January of 2000.

That bout had some of the worst flu systems I've ever felt in my life, but I've only felt mildly under the weather during other times. People in my household had been diagnosed, but I felt great.

Guess I'm lucky. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, so maybe that helps me now. I dunno.

You had it about the same time as I did the first time.  

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Yea brother the Gold kids are super pumped that they are catching PC. It's motivating them. 

Last Friday they were nearly five points behind PC. The gap is now 1.9. 

Talked to my son last night, Gold is making changes to the show, and they are working on getting the drum break and closer onto the field hopefully next week.

Also look for a Tuba Trio part in the show, my son got moved into that trio. Super proud of him. 

Oh yay!  The tuba feature with the trio is a real moment. 

• Thanks 1

Quite a thread to come to after waking up to a mysterious flu that I hope is just a flu when I get tested tomorrow 🥲 I am pretty certain I had it in late Jan 2020, way before it was “officially” here (I live in nyc). If it wasn’t that, then it had to be someone putting a hex on me and you know what, kudos to them. I am man enough to admit when I’ve met my match. 

I’m glad some corps are being as careful as they can. Ultimately, this is a competition with a fixed end date, so it also just doesn’t make sense not to be safe — 1-2 weeks is a long time in our world. I wouldn’t be shocked if they get even more careful later in the season, as a Covid surge during finals week would be a disaster.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Quite a thread to come to after waking up to a mysterious flu that I hope is just a flu when I get tested tomorrow 🥲 I am pretty certain I had it in late Jan 2020, way before it was “officially” here (I live in nyc). If it wasn’t that, then it had to be someone putting a hex on me and you know what, kudos to them. I am man enough to admit when I’ve met my match. 

I’m glad some corps are being as careful as they can. Ultimately, this is a competition with a fixed end date, so it also just doesn’t make sense not to be safe — 1-2 weeks is a long time in our world. I wouldn’t be shocked if they get even more careful later in the season, as a Covid surge during finals week would be a disaster.  

Come over.  I have 12 antigen tests in my bathroom linen closet. 😂 

I hope you feel better soon. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Come over.  I have 12 antigen tests in my bathroom linen closet. 😂 

I hope you feel better soon. 

I thought for a short time that I was going to have to teach classes again as all of my trainers were coming down with the Co-Vissle. So I got about 40 or 50 tests and had them waiting for when they called us back to site. Luckily, my clients weren't as dumb as I gave them credit for and decided that work at home was still a viable option. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I thought for a short time that I was going to have to teach classes again as all of my trainers were coming down with the Co-Vissle. So I got about 40 or 50 tests and had them waiting for when they called us back to site. Luckily, my clients weren't as dumb as I gave them credit for and decided that work at home was still a viable option. 

The federal government keeps sending them to me. Pretty soon, I can open up a testing site in the garage.   I’ll serve lunch

• Haha 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

The federal government keeps sending them to me. Pretty soon, I can open up a testing site in the garage.   I’ll serve lunch

Same LOL. I think in Tennessee we've gotten a zillion of them. We're at the mercy of our clients as to whether they will allow WAH (work at home.) Some of them FIRMLY believe that an office environment increases productivity at the agent level and reduces attrition. I've personally run a hundred reports over the last year and can't find a shred of evidence to support that theory....

• Like 2