Masks!

9 minutes ago, FTNK said:

my father was just hospitalized with COVID, sorry I’m not in the mood to assume that everything will just be fine 

I’m sorry about your father and I hope he recovers fully and soon.  I’ve lost a couple friends to Covid though none recently.  It is expected there will be some issues, but I’m not expecting it to be a “total disaster.”

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I keep reading that but keep remembering the second wave of 1918-1920 Spanish flu was the big killer. Just think mutations could go either way.

Certainly possible. It appears we’re in wave 6 or 7 with the deadlier version earlier so hopefully we’re on the way out of this without a more deadly mutation.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

Based on the trends I see, it’s been a few months between peaks so if (IF) we’re peaking now, we shouldn’t have another peak before the season is over.  I think the bigger concern is how long this peak lasts.  I think corps probably need to consider some of the measures in place last year to reduce the risk of infection creeping in from outside the corps.

the problem with peaks is one place has a peak then recedes then somewhere else has a peak. if you follow this thing from the beginning, the south is usually hit after the north is...so...have fun in July!!

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the problem with peaks is one place has a peak then recedes then somewhere else has a peak. if you follow this thing from the beginning, the south is usually hit after the north is...so...have fun in July!!

No problem in the South; the virus will get a taste of our 105-115 heat index & simply implode or return to the North? 😷 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

In New Jersey we've seen an increase in positive test results.

But hospitalizations and deaths have stayed low and don't show signs

of increasing significantly.

Last month my dad was having trouble breathing.

We took him to the E.R.

No covid test.

His doctor said he had no signs of covid, so why would we do a test.

Another doctor said that there's so much covid in the air, he's surprised 

when someone doesn't test positive.

His philosophy, if you don't have symptoms, and no underlying health issues, you don't need 

to get tested.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

No problem in the South; the virus will get a taste of our 105-115 heat index & simply implode or return to the North? 😷 

yeah they said that the last few times. oops

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

In New Jersey we've seen an increase in positive test results.

But hospitalizations and deaths have stayed low and don't show signs

of increasing significantly.

Last month my dad was having trouble breathing.

We took him to the E.R.

No covid test.

His doctor said he had no signs of covid, so why would we do a test.

Another doctor said that there's so much covid in the air, he's surprised 

when someone doesn't test positive.

His philosophy, if you don't have symptoms, and no underlying health issues, you don't need 

to get tested.

App I follow for PA has number of tests given and percentage of positives during the last week. Believe that’s testing done in hospitals, doctors offices and the local drive up centers. If you follow the positive percentage over time that gives a good indication of getting better or worse (17%  currently).

Also has a self check where people can click if they have symptoms or not. Currently 2% which is good.

As for not testing. Sis in law thought she had a sinus infection which she is prone to getting. Teaches so drove to testing center…. mild case of covid. Mild for her but worry of spreading. And bunch of people in her district don’t believe in COVID precautions. 🤷🏻

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I'll watch for COVID trends around the shows I attend and will have no problem masking up if I think I should. There's much we can do on our own to stay safe and healthy, without needing others to do the same. I guess that includes not going to a show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I'll watch for COVID trends around the shows I attend and will have no problem masking up if I think I should. There's much we can do on our own to stay safe and healthy, without needing others to do the same. I guess that includes not going to a show.

For various reasons I mask when I can’t social distance from others. With my luck I could go to a place that is COVID free and then sit next to out of towners carrying it.

• Like 1