Masks!

23 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If my math is correct that is around 2 tests per member, plus some for staff

Yes, and that was at the end of the second week.  I also should mention that because she is an actual doc she can prescribe and administer meds etc. I don't know if she has paxlovid or not, but I'll bet she does.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I am going to take a guess that DCI is leaving that up to the individual corps as a) They are not truly a governing body with any real sway over what happens at the corps level and b) The cost would be enormous and I would doubt that DCI would be footing that bill. I wouldn't think that individual corps would be able to carry that kind of additional financial burden with fuel prices etc already up and no revenue for 2020 and 2021. 

Granted this is my guess and I am not an authority on the subject and could be completely wrong. 

Good guessing.

3 hours ago, craiga said:

The corps doctor for BAC told me last month that she had already gone through 400+ covid tests during the first half of ST.  

Any idea how long it takes for result to come back for test like these.

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The Wife just went through this:

Home tests -- 10-15 minutes

Walgreens tests -- 2-3 hours

Health Dept/Doctor tests -- 2-3 days (but hers came back about the same times as Walgreens)

I've had the lab test in the morning with results in the afternoon. I think the 2-3 days is now down to hours. Of course, it depends upon how busy the lab is. 

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

The Wife just went through this:

Home tests -- 10-15 minutes

Walgreens tests -- 2-3 hours

Health Dept/Doctor tests -- 2-3 days (but hers came back about the same times as Walgreens)

I've had the lab test in the morning with results in the afternoon. I think the 2-3 days is now down to hours. Of course, it depends upon how busy the lab is. 

Thanks was wondering as family member had COVID last month. Mild case and few days before the doctor ordered results came back. She went to doc for sinus infection meds as prone to them. Wasn’t sinus infection this time 😱

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks was wondering as family member had COVID last month. Mild case and few days before the doctor ordered results came back. She went to doc for sinus infection meds as prone to them. Wasn’t sinus infection this time 😱

The Wife was on a group trip to Colorado. When the group got back, several tested positive, so she tested (all of the above) and was positive. Never had a fever, aches, loss of smell/taste, or anything else other than the usual sinus stuff she had all the time we were stationed there before I retired. All is well now. 

Edited by CrownBariDad
Typo

27 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

The Wife was on a group trip to Colorado. When the group got back, several tested positive, so she tested (all of the above) and was positive. Never had a fever, aches, loss of smell/taste, or anything else other than the usual sinus stuff she had all the time we were stationed there before I retired. All is well now. 

Glad to hear that all is good now. This was my sis in law and probably caught it from someone in her elementary school class. She’s vaxxed and over 60 so good chance the vax cut down on the severity. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Glad to hear that all is good now. This was my sis in law and probably caught it from someone in her elementary school class. She’s vaxxed and over 60 so good chance the vax cut down on the severity. 

It used to be teachers only caught the usual stomach flu from their kids. Sigh!

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Official lab tests can come back in 24 hours or less may take up to 48. That's for Healthcare workers. Mine took 22 hours to post. (It was negative when I had to do lab test- I had some congestion and other sick family members so I was asked to take a lab test).

Home tests typically take 15 minutes but when I had COVID that 2nd line turned purple in about  3. (This was 3 months before I was sent to the lab. I already knew 6 people I had close contact with that tested positive).

Essentially the lab tests show if you have active virus in your system and the home tests show whether or not you are contagious.

I was able to go back to work 7 days after testing positive.

Edited by ThePlanets