Madison Scouts 2022

On 6/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, crownisking said:

I’m really loving the new Madison! I have a feeling it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but IMO a refresh is exactly what Madison desperately needed. I can’t wait to see how this show does competitively!

Not good.

• Haha 1

“Too hip for the room”.  It’s a quote I remember when we played some west coast smooth jazz arrangement in college.

This show has that vibe to me.  
As an alumni Am I happy that it’s in the style  of the current era of drum corps? Yes. 

Do I think this show worked out better in someone’s head than in real life? Also yes. 

I think the charts are good, I don’t hate the idea. But I think there’s some missing translation with it, like it’s trying to do too much without directing the viewer.  

Comparison. I have the same issue with Moulin Rouge Act 1 on Broadway. There’s so much that’s trying to happen at once that scenes no longer are memorable like they were in the film. Everything just blends together, and nothing stands out, as there’s not moments for your brain to digest what it just saw in each scene. So it’s just a din or cacophony of show being fed to you, and there’s no space to come up for air.  So you just try to look everywhere at once,  but don’t see much. 

which is unfortunate. I don’t think it’s a bad idea. I do think it suffers from too much of all the ideas flung into it, without just keeping what drives the story. 

Disclaimer: I have not read this thread from jump street nor have I seen Madison's show.

But speaking as part of the team that brought the Cadets back from the brink, and having written music for the Scouts a long time ago in a galaxy far away, I applaud their determination and wish for their success.

The universe needs the Madison Scouts.

• Like 1

Just now, ironlips said:

Disclaimer: I have not read this thread from jump street nor have I seen Madison's show.

But speaking as part of the team that brought the Cadets back from the brink, and having written music for the Scouts a long time ago in a galaxy far away, I applaud their determination and wish for their success.

The universe needs the Madison Scouts.

They’ll be ok as long as the admin keep funding it and members have good experiences.  Which last report I heard is that both these things are happening. 

I’m loving this show! And the new ending is really exciting…way to go Scouts!

• Like 1

I actually thought the show was pretty good. I understand this new brand of MS is hard for some to see. The Scouts was a headline corp back in their glory days. But for what they are now I would give them a chance to see how they progress in the coming years. 

• Like 2